FW: [aspectj-users] Layering Architecture, Transaction design violations

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: demko@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:demko@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 5:16 PM
To: Trishan de Lanerolle
Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] Layering Architecture, Transaction design
violations

Ciao Trishan,
sorry if I answer to your post directly, but I have problems posting on
the mailing list.

You may be interested in the nice presentation "Enterprise AOP with AspectJ"
u can find on newaspects site

http://newaspects.com/presentations/

to have some examples of layering architecture violations.

Hope it helps,

Filippo

>I am looking into the possibilities of using AOP/ AspectJ for design policy
management. I was wondering if anyone knows of some papers or example out
there on some of the following areas of research which use AOP.
Some of the specific areas for resea
>ch that I can think of:
->Layering architecture violations (Client tier calling Domain tier directly)
->Exception Handling violations
->Transaction design violations

I would ideally like to have a very small sample application that shows
how the
>above issues could have been avoided through AOP. (Albeit small, an application
that has layering, transaction boundaries and exception handling clearly
defined). If you can think of any papers or example that could help me achive
this goal that would
>e greatly appricated.
Thanks
Trishan

Trishan de Lanerolle
R&D
SL ATC, Virtusa
www.virtusa.com
tlanerolle@xxxxxxxxxxx
The information transmitted is
>intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that your access
is unauthorized, and any revi
>w, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Tiscali ADSL SENZA CANONE:
Attivazione GRATIS, contributo adesione GRATIS, modem GRATIS,
50 ore di navigazione GRATIS.  ABBONARTI TI COSTA SOLO UN CLICK!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml

Back to the top