[aspectj-users] Re: Weaving whole JARs -- what happened to copyInJars?

Thomas,

The best approach is to maintain the original modularity with a weave stop
for each JAR using a new version of AspectJ with the fix to meta-data
copying.

   Hi *;

   i try to weave my aspects to a bunch of complete JAR files; i.e. i start
   with a JAR "build/some.jar" containing META-INF files and i want to end
   up
   with the same structure, a jar file "build/aspect/some.jar".

   There are some options (injars, outjar) that seemed to make that work
   easier, but they do not work exactly as i would need it.  The problem
   is,
   that the non-class files are stripped from the resulting jar, if i have
   ajc
   or iajc read or create it.

   A working procedure would be extracting the non-class files into the
   dest
   directory in a second step, after iajc has created the woven class files
   there, and create a jar containing these files and the woven class
   files.

   This looks pretty kludgy to me, espescially since there was a
   "copyInJars"
   option to do this task at once.  Is there any alternative to the "treat
   non-class files seperately" approach?

   Any hint appreciated,

   - Thomas

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Back to the top