From: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Clement
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 3:44 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT question

Hi Frank,

Currently, you can't directly weave into the class files of your non
AspectJ project.  You have to package them into a jar file and use that
as an input jar for your AspectJ project.  If you do package the class
files, you can pass them into your AspectJ project by setting
InputJars appropriately on the AspectJ project properties page for your
AspectJ project.

This is simply because at the moment the compiler doesn't let us
specify a directory as being the input location for .class files - they
have to be packaged up.

Perhaps a better approach is to use linked source folders? (if its
feasible for you?)  Using linked source folders, you define a second
source folder in your AspectJ project and specify that it is a *linked*
source folder (you will see the 'advanced' option as you go through
defining the source folder), define its actual location as being the
source folder for your non AspectJ project.  Now, when you build the
AspectJ project it will use your AspectJ project source *and* the
source from your non-AspectJ project, producing a complete set of
woven class files in the output directory of your AspectJ project.

Is that any help?
Andy.

---
Andy Clement.