RE: [aspectj-users] Pointcut doesn't weave classes unless they ar e imported in the aspect

Try call(public static * *..*Factory.get*())

-----Original Message-----
From: Nils-Helge Garli [mailto:nilsga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 5:51 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] Pointcut doesn't weave classes unless they are imported in the aspect

Hi!

I have encountered a strange, at least in my opinion, issue with one of my aspects. I have a pointcut defined by the pattern "call(public static * *Factory.get*())" which should locate all "get" calls to my factory classes. When I compile this aspect and all my source files with the iajc ant task, it does not weave any of the classes that has matches to this pointcut.

However, if I add import statements to the packages of the classes I know would be affected by the aspect, and the run the ant task, the classes are weaved correctly.

Is this normal behaviour? Shouldn't the aspectj compiler find the affected classes without having to import them into the aspect?

I'm using AspectJ 1.1.0 and the iajc task.

Sincererly,

Nils-Helge Garli