Re: [aspectj-users] Re: Exception handling framework

rbodkin wrote:
Re: exception handling patterns, I have done some work on how to effectively handle exceptions in AspectJ. It is a topic Adrian Colyer and I will be teaching on in our OOPSLA tutorial on Enterprise AOP later this month. You can also see slides at http://www.newaspects.com/presentations. And there is more complete example code showing use of AJ for exception handling at the aTrack bug tracker project at https://atrack.dev.java.net/ The project has not yet created a release, but you might find the exception handling code interesting.

I've been trying to understand the exception handling code from that
application for a while now, but I'm not really there yet. Do you think you could give a short summary of the basic principles and ideas of you approach? I think it would help me a lot in understanding what happens with exceptions in your application.

I do see the wrapping and converting of exceptions to other exceptions, but if I try to give the complete application a look to find out how exceptions "travel" around in the application, I got lost...

many thanks in advance,
Jan Van Besien

ps: I've also read your presentation, but unfortunately I'm not able to come and listen to your OOPSLA tutorial.

Back to the top