From: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rajesh Honnawarkar
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 8:02 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] silly error

Hi all,
I am sure this is some silly error that I am getting...We have been
using
1.0.6 all this time, and I am trying out the 1.1.rc2 ant based task -
iajc
and keep getting the following error:

     [iajc] D:\dev\java\aspectj2\src\Caller.java:1 This compilation unit
indirectly references the missing type java.lang.Object (typically some
required class
file is referencing a type outside the classpath)

Anyone know where I could be making mistakes?

I can run the build.xml that comes with the examples fine.

A portion of my build.xml that I am trying is:

<taskdef
resource="org/aspectj/tools/ant/taskdefs/aspectjTaskdefs.properties">
          <classpath>
            <pathelement path="${aspectjtools.jar}"/>
          </classpath>
      </taskdef>

<iajc sourceRoots="${java.src.dir}"
            incremental="true"