RE: [aspectj-users] can not resolve this member warning

Vincenz Braun wrote:
> But the warning/error messages of missing members is
> still a huge problem for me with rc2.
>      [iajc] JdbcLogAspect.java:59 can not resolve this member: void
> DefaultProducer.access$201(AutoFetcher, javax.infobus.InfoBus)
> [Xlint:unresolvableMember]
>
> repeated with different line numbers in the Aspect and a second access$301
> method.
>
> Is this a warning, a bug in our code or an error in the compiler?

The problem is that you have code which refers to generated methods for inner-class access, and for some reason these methods either aren't around or the compiler is failing to find them.  I don't have enough information to know whether this is a bug in your build process or in the compiler.

This should be submitted to bugzilla as a bug for now and if it turns out to be a build issue we can pass that information back to this list.  The best bug report is always a small self-contained test case that we can use to reproduce and understand the error.  If that's not possible, then the next best thing would be to provide additional details about your configuration and build process.  Exactly what files are involved, what options are you passing to ajc, what can you tell us about problem classes like DefaultProducer.

Thanks for your help tracking this issue down - Jim

Back to the top