Re: SV: [aspectj-users] Newbie question:Running AspectJ on J2EE servers

Most of the issues with EJB / server containers are purely down to classloader scope. Since these tools use multiple classloaders you will typically only get aspect affected code working across the namespace of a single classloader (hierarchy, possibly). That is, you may affect the operation of a session bean (say), but it's unlikely it'll work as expected across beans / .ear's.

                      "Magnus Forsberg"
                      <Magnus.Forsberg@qbr        To:       <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      anch.se>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  SV: [aspectj-users] Newbie question:Running AspectJ on J2EE servers
                      aspectj-users-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      27/03/2003 07:36
                      Please respond to
                      aspectj-users

I use aspectj in a ejb solution and everything works when I access my beans from a web application deployed in the same ear but when I access from RMI, my advices/pointcuts doesn't work. I've read something about aspectj1.0* having problems with this particular setup but I use aspectj1.1. Have you or anyone else experienced anything similar?