From: Mohamed Mansour [mailto:mansour@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 6:00 PM
To: aspectj-users
Subject: [aspectj-users] Question on privileged aspects

Hi,

I am writing an aspect with a pointcut before execution of a method in a
non-public class in a different package.

My aspect is (./TraceAspect.java):

privileged aspect TraceAspect {
before (edu.gatech.Argument t): execution (* *(edu.gatech.Argument)) &&
args(t) {
  // some code here
}
}

My source code file is (./edu/gatech/Main.java):
package edu.gatech;
class Argument {
public int a;
public String b;
public SubArgument c;
};

public class Main {
}

When I compile with ajc 1.1 I get the following error message:

TraceAspect.java:15 The type edu.gatech.Argument is not visible for the
argument t of the method ajc$before$TraceAspect$1b1
before (edu.gatech.Argument t): execution (* *(edu.gatech.Argument)) &&
args(t) {

1 error

Is this error message correct? How can I get access to the Argument
class from my TraceAspect?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
--
Mohamed