Re: [aspectj-users] around advice on constructors

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 06:56, Wes Isberg wrote:
> chicanery it would be!  The result of an IFaceImpl constructor
> call is IFaceImpl.  It would be bad to permit that to be a
> supertype of IFaceImpl.  A subclass would work.

Mmmm, I wasn't holding out much hope.  All eminently sensible.
I do confess to wishing for a --fly-by-seat-of-pants switch occasionally.

I suppose what I really needed was to pick out the assignment, but the
constructor was as close as I could get

Cheers
Dan

Back to the top