Re: [aspectj-users] redistribution of woven third-party jars

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, so take all my sentences with care.

If you weave code into a jar file, you modify the jar file. If you
redistribute it, you violate the license terms.

Even worse:
Quite a lot of commercial licenses require, that you do not reverse engeneer
the library or executable.

They can argue:
In order to be able to weave code to inside a library (other places as
published interfaces)  you must have gained detailed internal knowledge. And
you can only get this kind of knowledge from reverse engeneering.

My recommendation:
Limit your aspects to code,
a) that you control
b) or to interface code, that you control (e.g. published interfaces)

kind regards
   Arno