Re: [aspectj-dev] error setting up workspace for AJDT

The setup process for AJDT is painful (working on AJDT is quite painful and needs improving -> feel free to contribute improvements).  IIRC correctly the problem you are seeing is because it is taking the aspectjweaver from the workspace rather than the version in the installation of eclipse (so picking up the wrong Definition).  So I don't like this but if you close your org.aspectj.weaver project (or otherwise tweak the launch config to not use the one in the workspace) then it should pick up the one from your base eclipse and get you beyond that issue.  I would match rather it worked with the version from the workspace otherwise when changing the weaver is awkward, but I don't have the OSGi skills to trick it into working.

cheers,
Andy