[aspectj-dev] How to make aop.xml configurable

Hello,

I am using AspectJ version 1.8.6 in my sample project AopTest (a JAR project) as the project structure is mentioned below:

Inline image 1

I have a query on the place of aop.xml. Currently, I am packing aop.xml under resources/META-INF folder of the JAR project and the generated JAR works fine applying desired advices.

I want to move aop.xml out of JAR file to make aop.xml configurable. So, I placed aop.xml in the folder D:\workspacedummy and added the below VM argument to point to aop.xml but the file is not loaded and hence, there are no advices applied.

-Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration=D:\workspacedummy\aop.xml

1. So, does aop.xml need to be packed in a JAR (or any archive) always ?

2. Is the below VM argument useful to identify and use aop XML present only in JAR (or any archive) files if there are more than one aop XML files available ?

-Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration

Please help me to achieve making aop.xml configurable.

Many Thanks.

Sridhar Thiyagarajan

Back to the top