[aspectj-dev] AspectJ Development to get a boost...

After four solid weeks of writing, and an AJDT release, Andy and I are
finally able to turn our attentions fully to AspectJ once again. Apologies
to anyone who didn't get the service we would have liked them to have
whilst we were otherwise engaged.

We plan on sorting through the AspectJ bug reports and making fixes, and
also integrating the Eclipse 3.0 final version of the JDT compiler. This
should make the basis for a bug-fix and quality improvement release. Andy
also has a large number of enhancements to the ASM which will be integrated
into the AspectJ tree and therefore made available to ajbrowser and the
other IDEs.  This work provides the foundation for the new 'engine' which
will power the next generation of AJDT.

Then it's on to the fun stuff and planning for Java 5 support and any other
key features that we need in the next major release of AspectJ itself...

-- Adrian.
adrian_colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top