[aspectj-dev] AspectJ 1.2rc1 preparation - binary available for test

Andy & George have been doing great work on AspectJ 1.2 rc1 (I can take no credit, as I'm still out on vacation - allegedly ;) ). Mik's final fixes for ajdoc are in, and George is building a 1.2rc1 tonight, which he will make available through CVS (and send a note to indicate when it is available).

Please take the binary for a test-drive if you have a chance. I intend to announce 1.2rc1 tomorrow (once some additional linux testing has been undertaken in Hursley) unless I hear a strong reason not to from one of the committers. This has been a huge effort, and many thanks to everyone for all that they have contributed. Andy has an AJDT 1.1.7 release that can be announced on the back of the release candidate that works with Eclipse 3.0 M8 too.

Sticking with past precedence, the announce note will contain a link to README-12, and credits to all the contributors who submitted good bug reports, patches etc. If time permits (we have a dinner guest tonight) I will circulate a draft amongst the committers later today. I will update the web site at the same time as the announce note goes out.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top