[aspectj-dev] release, jbuilder and netbeans status

As of Saturday August 16th I had JBuilder and NetBeans tested and ready to
release for 1.1.1rc1.  However, there have been some updates to AspectJ
since, and those either need to be determined not to affect JBuilder and
NetBeans, or the IDE plug-ins need to be re-verified.  The changes to
AspectJ were so minor, so it should suffice just to verify that the
re-packaging didn't break any of the following:
- compilation of specific ".lst" and "all project files"
- document outline structure and navigation
- compiler errors
- execution

Alternatively we can wait until I return to release JBuilder and NetBeans
since they don't are not locked to the AspectJ release.

One approach that could work well is to announce 1.1.1rc1 to "aspectj-users"
only, to give us a chance to respond feedback and reports.  Then early or
mid-september we could make a bigger splash with the 1.1.1 release
announcing it to "aspectj-announce" as well as "announce@xxxxxxxx" in order
to let people know that the tools have been revamped and now support the
latest platforms (JB9, NB3.5, Eclipse, OSX).

Mik

--
http://kerstens.org/mik

Back to the top