[aspectj-dev] Inter-Type/Introduction code outside of an Aspect class ?

Hi Geeks

I am just wondering if it is possible to Introduce code on a class outside of my aspect class?

What I want to do is to make a Java bean transactional by Introducing the ‘javax.transaction.Transaction’ implementation on it. But AFAIK this code has to be inside an aspect class (Inter-Type declarations). For this example it is not necessary for the Transaction implementation to know anything about the advice and it would allow a neat separation between Java Bean, Transaction implementation and the Advice. The Advice would only provide the glue between the other two components by intercepting the Field writes and inform the Transaction implementation about that.

Thank you for any insights – Andy

Back to the top