[aspectj-announce] Second AspectJ 1.1 release candidate is now available

We are pleased to announce that a second release candidate for AspectJ-1.1 is now available from the download page at
  http://eclipse.org/aspectj
or directly from
  http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ajdt/aspectj-1.1rc2.jar

This should be the final release candidate before 1.1.0 final.  We hope to release 1.1.0 before the end of May.  Now is the time to upgrade your old 1.0.6-based projects and help us work out any last bugs before the 1.1.0 release.

This release fixes many bugs found in 1.1rc1.  Detailed release notes for 1.1 are available at:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/README-11.html

Easy to reproduce bugs were submitted by Christian Seifert, Valentin Crettaz, Per Hustad, Ramnivas Laddad, Mohamed Mansour, Feilong Chen, Ron Bodkin, Martin Nordberg, Pawel Slowikowski, Arno Schumacher, Matthew Webster, Rich Price, Robert Wenner, Roger White, Mike Norman, Doug Orleans, Margus Jõever, Arno Schmidmeier, Rafael Chaves, Karim Qazi and Duane Gran.  We recognize the difficulty of producing clear minimal test cases from bugs found in large systems and appreciate the work that goes into these reports.

We appreciate your help in squashing any bugs in this release before 1.1.0.  If you find any bugs, please submit a reproducible test case to https://dev.eclipse.org (-> Bug Reports) (product AspectJ, component Compiler).

Thanks and stay in touch,
The AspectJ Team

Back to the top