Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc sticker design for EclipseCon

Oops. Sure, too late.
asciidoc-logo-sample.png

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 4:45 PM Jared Morgan <jaredleonmorgan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately the logo didn't embed to the email, Joe.

With that said, I believe the logo is finalized so no further changes are possible.

On Tue, 27 Sept 2022, 09:42 Joe Frisbie, <symphony.red+eclipse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not for the stickers, but maybe later...

I agree the logo's A & D are hard to parse out, especially against a white background. How about something like:
asciidoc-logo-sample.png
  • The superimposed sine-ish waves are retro ala "ASCII"
  • Gradients suggest transformation
  • Ambigrams are fun
I'm colorblind so these may not be congenial color combos.

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 6:21 AM Jay Bryant via asciidoc-wg <asciidoc-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm still not "wowed" by it (I see the D in the logo, but the A is too torn apart to be recognizable), but I don't need to be, either, so I'll add a +1 for going forward.

From: asciidoc-wg <asciidoc-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jared Morgan <jaredleonmorgan@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2022 6:03 PM
To: AsciiDoc Working Group Discussions <asciidoc-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc sticker design for EclipseCon

⚠ External Email

+1 to proceeding. It looks awesome!

On Sun, 25 Sept 2022, 03:49 Alexander Schwartz, <alexander.schwartz@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Steering Committee,

here's the sticker design as reviewed by the Eclipse marketing team. The cut line around the logo emphasizes the A and D of the logo.

Please join the discussion on the Zulip chat, or leave reply here.

Please let me know about essential changes before Sep 28; I need to hand in the final design by Sep 30 to have it printed in time for EclipseCon.

If there are no objections by Sep 28, I'll assume lazy consensus and will proceed with the order.

Best,
Alexander

--
Alexander Schwartz (alexander.schwartz@xxxxxxx)
https://www.ahus1.de

⚠ External Email: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.