From: Eclipse Foundation <member.newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 10:00 AM
Subject: Eclipse Foundation Member Newsletter – April 2022
To: <sharon.corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We want to keep you informed! Here's a list of our new members and a breakdown of all the recent activity at the Eclipse Foundation.
newsletter header

April 2022

  • EclipseCon 2022 Call for Proposals
  • Become an EclipseCon Sponsor
  • Upcoming Changes to the IP Policy
  • IoT & Edge Developer and Adoption Survey Now Open
  • Case Study: Eclipse VOLTTRON
  • Jakarta EE Developer Survey Reminder
  • Featured Working Group: AsciiDoc

    EclipseCon 2022 Call for Proposals

    EclipseCon 2022, our biggest event of the year, will be held October 24 - 27 in Ludwigsburg, Germany and the Call for Proposals (CFP) is now open!

    EclipseCon is the leading conference for developers, architects, and open source business leaders who want to learn about Eclipse technologies, share best practices, and more. The conference provides the Eclipse ecosystem and the industry’s leading minds an opportunity to explore common challenges and innovate together on open source runtimes, tools, and frameworks for cloud and edge applications, IoT, artificial intelligence, connected vehicles, and transportation, digital ledger technologies, and much more.

    Visit the CFP page to see the list of categories and details on how to submit. If you’d like to see your talk accepted early, submit it by the June 1 early-bird deadline! We expect to announce the program in early July.

    Important Dates:

    • April 18: CFP opens
    • June 1: Early-bird deadline
    • June 15: Submissions close

    For the latest news and announcements about EclipseCon 2022, follow @eclipsecon on Twitter or visit eclipsecon.org.

    Become an EclipseCon Sponsor

    As we head back to Ludwigsburg, Eclipse Foundation member organizations have a unique opportunity to connect with the open source community face-to-face by sponsoring EclipseCon 2022.

    A number of booth spaces have already been reserved (and quantities are limited), so don’t delay! Review the sponsor and exhibitor packages and see the booth map on the sponsorship prospectus page, or email us at sponsors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. We look forward to seeing you October 24 - 27, 2022!

    Upcoming Changes To The IP Policy

    The Eclipse Foundation is working on making some important changes to the Eclipse Intellectual Property Policy and corresponding due diligence process for Eclipse open source projects.

    With these changes, our focus will shift to license compliance and consistency, opening the door to acceptance of a broader assortment of licenses and a greater ability to leverage automation in the due diligence process. This will reduce the overall burden on Eclipse committers while improving overall quality. Coupled with the changes in the IP Policy, is a push to leverage industry standards and automation for the generation and maintenance of a Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) for every Eclipse open source project.

    IoT & Edge Developer and Adoption Survey Now Open

    We're excited to launch the 2022 IoT & Edge Developer and Adoption Survey, the first of its kind combining previous initiatives to more accurately collect information from developers focused on IoT and edge computing technologies, as well as enterprise trends.

    We ask that all of our members lend 15 minutes of their time, to provide insights into your development processes, or better yet your enterprise knowledge:

    •  Provide anonymous information about your development responsibilities
    •  Discuss preferred coding languages and industry specifications
    •  Most importantly, highlight the adoption rates of IoT & edge technologies

    Complete the Survey

    Case Study: Eclipse VOLTTRON

    The city of Washington DC’s Department of General Services (DGS) is using Eclipse VOLTTRON as part of its efforts to re-commission building systems to improve their efficiency:

    • The solution would acquire granular energy data from building systems
    • Create time-series trending data and export it to the cloud
    • Enable access to the data gathering processes from multiple buildings
    • Incorporate that data into a single system

    The system has proven its value as a cost-effective, and efficient data acquisition solution, with the potential of being integrated into further use-cases in the future. We’ll continue to update you on the details of future case studies as they develop.

    Download the case study

    Complete the 2022 Jakarta EE Developer Survey

    There is still time to participate in the 2022 Jakarta EE Developer Survey. Over one thousand Java developers, architects and stakeholders have shared their perspectives on the industry and future of enterprise Java so far.

      The survey takes about six minutes to complete.

      Participate Today

      Featured Working Group: AsciiDoc

      Member News letter 03 2022 (14)

      The AsciiDoc Working Group drives the standardization, adoption, and evolution of the AsciiDoc language including the development, deployment, management, and usage of software documentation, applications, and services that use AsciiDoc by overseeing the specification of the AsciiDoc language.

      The Working Group recently announced its achievement of a new brand identity! You can read more about the new brand as well as the relaunch of the asciidoc.org website featuring the new brand and updated content. The relaunched site serves as a vendor-neutral entry point into the AsciiDoc ecosystem, providing the canonical description of AsciiDoc, showcasing and advocating for the technology, and connecting visitors with key resources. You can view the new site at asciidoc.org.

      Get Featured:

      Each issue of the member newsletter will feature different working groups. Leaders of working groups wishing to be featured during a particular month should contact marketing@xxxxxxxxxxx

      Upcoming Events

      New Members and Working Group Participants

      Software-Defined Vehicle Working Group

      ARM Limited

      Eteration

      Futurewei Technologies, Inc.

      Microsoft Corp.

      NXP USA, Inc.

      Robert Bosch GmbH

      SUSE LLC

      Jakarta EE Working Group

      Beijing Vsettan Data Technology

      OpenHW Group Europe Working Group

      NXP USA, Inc

      Copyright © 2022 Eclipse Foundation. All rights reserved.

      You received this email because you are subscribed to
      Member Newsletter from the Eclipse Foundation

      Eclipse Foundation, Suite 202, 2934 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, ON K2H 1B2, Canada

      Unsubscribe Manage preferences

      Back to the top