Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc Working Group Steering Committee - Committer Member Election

I'm not a voting member, but I'd second Jared.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 1:23 PM Dan Allen <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to put forth my nomination for Jared Morgan (https://projects.eclipse.org/user/14680) to run for one of the three Committer Member seats on the Steering Committee.

Jared is an experienced technical writer who specializes in AsciiDoc and its predecessors (namely DocBook). He has contributed to the documentation for the AsciiDoc language through the Asciidoctor and Antora projects for many years and has mentored countless writers learning AsciiDoc. This experience has earned him a deep understanding of the AsciiDoc language and how it is used. Jared's perspective will no doubt prove important as we make decisions about the language, particularly what impact those decisions have at scale for large documentation sets. In brief, I think it's very important to give seasoned technical writers a voice and thus Jared is precisely the sort of representative I'd like to see on the Steering Committee.

Best Regards,

-Dan

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his

Jason Porter

He / Him / His

Principal Software Engineer

Red Hat NA

jporter@xxxxxxxxxx
M: 801-231-1199
IM: lightguardjp

8D51 20A4 A885 9E1D 4B06 3A2D BEDF CFB3 0FB7 2D11

Back to the top