Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc Working Group Steering Committee - Nominations for the Committer Member Election

I'm also putting forth my nomination for Alexander Schwartz (https://projects.eclipse.org/user/14369) to run for one of the three Committer Member seats on the Steering Committee.

As the lead developer of the AsciiDoc plugin for IntelliJ [1] and long-time Asciidoctor community member, Alexander also has a deep understanding of the AsciiDoc syntax and ecosystem. As a tool creator, he studies all aspects of the language, from the low-level parsing which the plugin features to the author-facing assistance and intelligence. He sees first-hand which parts of the AsciiDoc language and its processors and extensions are intuitive and which parts authors struggle with. Alexander will be able to help us navigate the decisions that lay in front of us in a way that balances the needs of authors and language interpreters / tools. In brief, Alexander is precisely the sort of representative we had in mind when we allocated the Committer Member seats on the Steering Committee.

Alexander, consider yourself nominated. Good luck!

Best Regards,

-Dan

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his

Back to the top