Re: [asciidoc-lang-dev] Avoiding Implementation Specifics Thoughts

> Dan wrote:
> where in the language syntax extensions are permitted

I want to emphasize that, for me, this is the most important part of the extension mechanism because it directly impacts the language. Implementations have the freedom to add many more lifecycle hooks than what is specified. But what implementations should not be doing is allowing the language to be extended where the language is not designed to be extended (because this leads to "flavors"). So we need to be very clear about which parts of the syntax can be interpreted differently, and I think AsciiDoc has a really nice model in place for this already (which we can clarify / strengthen, of course).

Best Regards,

-Dan

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his

Back to the top