Re: [arrowhead-dev] Update of Eclipse Arrowhead web

Hello Jerker,

I think this draft is not very good because it is quiet useless to get an overview.

On the 1. page the grouping bars are too big and you have to scroll a long way to the end of the page and it is boring (colorless and no excitement). That is for a normal/external user a bad experience. I think the Tesla mainpage design idea (https://www.tesla.com/) will be better here. Each model slide from the tesla page could be a bar from your draft. Mabe some micro animations or something like that.

Pages 2 to 4 from your draft are not very organized. An user with no arrowhead experience will be very disappointed with that page. Here you should use at least a collapse design (example under this text) with cards. It is better to find a implementation and the web code is more structured. Therefore it is not necessary to implement a "Sorted by". Another thing is that in my opinion the mandatory core modules should be on top of the page because all others are based on them. The "Filter by" is ok but maybe it could be better when it is always visible on the side. It is also a small page therefore you can use a live filtering without apply. The filters should filter multiple categories at the same time. Another idea is when I click on a card then it should open a modal/lightbox where I get a useful overview about the tool and a link to the repository (the information for this part could be retrieved from a file from the corresponding repository). On this modal you can also find download links for documentations and maybe similar tools or examples.

<container>

-------

Engineering Tools

-------

[Card 1] [Card 2] [Card 3] [Card n]

[Card n] [Card n]

</container>

<container>

-------

Management Tools

-------

[Card 1] [Card 2] [Card n]

</container>

The last page is ok but the text container should be a little bit wider so the page will be smaller and you don't need to scroll so much.

Maybe it could be an interesting idea to put the webpage code in a repository from the arrowhead-f group in GitHub.

Hope it helps. 😃

Sincerely and a happy christmas,

Dipl.-Wirt.-Inf. (FH) Paul Patolla

Staff Research

Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden

Friedrich-List-Platz 1, 01069 Dresden

Tel.: 0351/462 3050

http://www.htw-dresden.de/industrie40