Re: [albireo-dev] size and border

Bruno Haible wrote:

/**
 * Internal class.
 * Please don't use this class; use {@link SwingControl} instead.
 */

Does this sound acceptable?

I have no objection to an intermediate class, but I find it a little awkward that SwingControl would inherit from BorderlessSwingControl. If SwingControl can have a border, then it does not have a good object-oriented "kind of" relationship with BorderlessSwingControl. IMO (without seeing the code) it might be better to have an abstract AbstractSwingControl (or BaseSwingControl) containing the shared code, and have BorderlessSwingControl and SwingControl both inherit from it. You could then move BorderlessSwingControl to the .internal package to make it clear that normal users should not subclass it directly. Just a suggestion...

Back to the top