[ajdt-dev] ajdt+groovy-eclipse

I looked for anything existing in the codehaus jira for groovy+eclipse as well as the bugzilla tracker for AJDT and didn't find anything related, even though I'm sure its come up before.  So I will ask, and apologize if its already been covered extensively.

Is it possible to run AJDT and Eclipse-Groovy in the same project?  Or rather is it possible to ever do this in the future?  Or are there underlying limitations of eclipse that would prevent this?

Since we do (and want to continue doing) compile time weaving-- I guess our best option is to use load time weaving in eclipse for junit etc and then use re-weaving at compile time to weave aspects into the bytecode coming out of eclipse-groovy compiler?

For us the only aspects that we use are @Transactional and others that are still compilable as java code by javac -- so maven-groovy should be able to handle it.

But this is still a pretty big departure from our current toolchain (just straight aspectj and AJDT) so I am hoping there is a better option or plans for one, since you guys are one in the same, I think.

Thanks,

Steve

Back to the top