Re: [ajdt-dev] Using AJDT to modify an RCP plugin post-compile

Thanks for the reply!

> 1. your woven classes must be included in the same OSGi bundle/eclipse
> plugin as the original classes so that the OSGi classloading rules
> will not be violated
> 2. you must update the MANIFEST.MF files for these bundles/plugins
> appropriately so that these woven classes are on the bundle's
> classpath

That's a shame, I had hoped to be able to drop in a plugin / bundle that would transform several other ones.
I suppose this limitation also applies to load-time weaving?

> 3. I wouldn't recommend using AJDT for Eclipse 3.2 to build your RCP
> app.  So much has changed and things are a lot easier to use with the
> most recent releases.  And since you need to include the
> org.aspectj.runtime jar in your RCP app, I'd recommend using the most
> recent release (or a dev snapshot).

For sure, but the application itself is already built and uses Eclipse 3.2, so I'm not sure we can change that.

Back to the top