[ajdt-dev] Launching eclipse application

Hi all,

we are trying to launch an eclipse application containing aspects. When
we launch it using the native launcher everything is fine and the aspect
is taken into account:

reuillon@polux:~/tmp/testAspect/eclipse$ ./eclipse

[org.aspectj.osgi.service.caching] Created and registered
SingletonCachingService.
Application started.
Hello from AspectJ
Method call.
[org.aspectj.osgi.service.caching] Shut down and unregistered
SingletonCachingService.

reuillon@polux:~/tmp/testAspect/eclipse$

But when we bypass the native launcher the aspect is not used:

reuillon@polux:~/tmp/testAspect/eclipse$ java -jar
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar -vmargs
-Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hook

[org.aspectj.osgi.service.caching] Created and registered
SingletonCachingService.
Application started.
Method call.
[org.aspectj.osgi.service.caching] Shut down and unregistered
SingletonCachingService.

reuillon@polux:~/tmp/testAspect/eclipse$

Do you have any idea how we may bypass the native launcher and make the
aspects work ?

Cheers,
Romain

Back to the top