Re: [ajdt-dev] AspectJ 1.6.4 bug on getParameterNames

Hi Andy,
I tried to reproduce it in a simple test case but yet no success.

Just to give a bit more pointers :
- We're running in LTW, not tested if it happens in build time weaving
- Everything is compiled with 1.6.3, we were just running it with 1.6.4 LTW
- Classes and aspects are compiled using -XterminateAfterCompilation to avoid LTW reweaving errors after other bytecode manipulators (like JPA or Cobertura ones) - The method on which the wrong parameter names are reported is called using reflection (but the pointcut is execution(), so should not give problems) - The method on which the wrong parameter names are reported is an ITD method - It happens always, also on different machines, with 1.6.4, while with 1.6.3 everything works always smoothly

I tried to reproduce all this in a simple test program, with a method having an argument calling (using reflection) a no-arg method and a ITD no-arg method, compiling with 1.6.3 -XterminateAfterCompilation and running it using the agent and the "aj" command, but still cannot reproduce the problem.

Tomorrow I'll try debugging Factory.makeMethodSig to see when it is called with param names but no param types, unfortunately debugging in such a large system will take up a lot of time, a small test case would have been m,uch much better :(

Simone

Andy Clement wrote:
No idea, please open a bug.

Andy