Re: [ajdt-dev] Incremental builder shouldn't re-weave if no pointcutschanged...?

The incremental compiler is quite smart.  It does attempt exactly what you describe.  Within a basic project the only instance where I know it won't manage it is if you change around advice and don't have -XnoInline set - because the advice needs to be inlined in all advised places again.  If you can tell me more specifics (raise a bug if you like), we can go into it there.  And if you open the AJDT event trace view and turn on logging of all the interesting events in it, then save your change - it will give us more of an insight into why it is making the decisions it is making.  Oh, actually I imagine if you are not just using regular project dependencies, but instead are using aspectpath/inpath/etc, that will have an impact.

1.6.4 AspectJ was intended to be all about addressing these kinds of problem, so it is worth raising a bug if you want it looked at before this release goes out.

Andy.