Libra is an open source project under the Eclipse Web Tools Platform Container Project. It provides standard tools for OSGi Enterprise application development and in particular tools that integrate the existing WTP and PDE tooling so that OSGi Enterprise applications can be developed with both tooling at the same time. Libra also will enable users to work with tools for better experience in the Server-Side Equinox scenario.
The goals of the project are:
- Providing tools for creation of deployable artifacts for application servers implementing the OSGi Enterprise specification, e.g. wizard for creating new Web Application Bundle projects.
- Providing tools for converting existing Java EE deployable artifacts to OSGi Enterprise deployable artifacts, e.g. wizard for converting Dynamic Web projects to a Web Application Bundle projects.
- Contributing tools for editing and validation of the metadata of OSGi Enterprise artifacts, e.g. extension of the PDE Manifest Editor for editing manifest headers that are specific to Web Application Bundles.
- Developing OSGi server adapter, providing basic implementation of configuring an OSGi-based application server, starting it and deploying OSGi enterprise artifacts. This server adapter should be customizable and extensible by adopters.
- Delivering tools that improve the experience of developing Server-Side Equinox applications.
- Extending the tools in scope, so adopters can apply them depending on their own application model.
Libra is in the Incubation Phase.
Libra releases version 0.2 as part of Juno! New and Noteworthy
Video Tutorials now available!
Libra releases version 0.1 as part of Indigo! New and Noteworthy
The new tools at Eclipse for OSGi Enterprise Development (Libra) will be presented by the project lead Kaloyan Raev at the EclipseCon 2011 which will take place in March 2011 in Santa Clara.