Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [EMF Validation] Is parralel Batch Validation supported?
[EMF Validation] Is parralel Batch Validation supported? [message #1616017] Sat, 14 February 2015 08:52 Go to next message
Leonid Ripeynih is currently offline Leonid RipeynihFriend
Hello!

I'd like to know, is it possible to run multiple Batch Validators in parallel? (On different objects).

Currently, when running in parallel, I'm running into some problems with
org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.AbstractValidationContext.ConstraintFilter.accept(IModelConstraint constraint)

method. constraint is sometimes null, which looks like some kind of concurrency problem. It also uses some signletons, like ClientContextManager and ModelValidationService, which as well does not look good for concurrent execution.

So, is concurrent execution of multiple of batch validators in parralel possible?
Re: [EMF Validation] Is parralel Batch Validation supported? [message #1616105 is a reply to message #1616017] Sat, 14 February 2015 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leonid Ripeynih is currently offline Leonid RipeynihFriend
Another exception I'm getting sometimes is
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
	at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:922)
	at java.util.HashMap$EntryIterator.next(HashMap.java:962)
	at java.util.HashMap$EntryIterator.next(HashMap.java:960)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.util.XmlConstraintDescriptor.inheritTriggers(XmlConstraintDescriptor.java:353)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.util.XmlConstraintDescriptor.getTarget(XmlConstraintDescriptor.java:255)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.util.XmlConstraintDescriptor.targetsType(XmlConstraintDescriptor.java:386)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.util.XmlConstraintDescriptor.targetsTypeOf(XmlConstraintDescriptor.java:376)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.service.AbstractConstraintProvider.getBatchConstraints(AbstractConstraintProvider.java:331)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.GetBatchConstraintsOperation.executeImpl(GetBatchConstraintsOperation.java:57)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.AbstractGetConstraintsOperation.execute(AbstractGetConstraintsOperation.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.ConstraintCache.execute(ConstraintCache.java:285)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.ConstraintCache.getBatchConstraints(ConstraintCache.java:386)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.GetBatchConstraintsOperation.executeImpl(GetBatchConstraintsOperation.java:57)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.AbstractGetConstraintsOperation.execute(AbstractGetConstraintsOperation.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.service.ModelValidationService.execute(ModelValidationService.java:541)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.service.ModelValidationService.access$6(ModelValidationService.java:529)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.service.ModelValidationService$4.execute(ModelValidationService.java:343)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.AbstractValidator.execute(AbstractValidator.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.BatchValidator.validate(BatchValidator.java:262)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.BatchValidator.validate(BatchValidator.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.BatchValidator.doValidate(BatchValidator.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.AbstractValidator.validate(AbstractValidator.java:147)
	at org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.BatchValidator.validate(BatchValidator.java:130)
	at 

[Updated on: Sat, 14 February 2015 10:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMF Validation] Is parralel Batch Validation supported? [message #1620860 is a reply to message #1616017] Tue, 17 February 2015 13:35 Go to previous message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Leonid,

I would classify this as a bug, although I cannot speak for the EMF
Validation project. There were efforts some releases ago to fix
specific concurrency issues (I think I recall something of that nature
in the traversal-strategies, for example). It should, in general, be
possible to work with distinct EMF ResourceSets concurrently, which
implies that components like the validation framework and transactions
should also support this. The transactions explicitly do, and as they
use the validation framework for live validation, that would seem to
require the same of the latter.

Cheers,

Christian

On 2015-02-14 08:52:39 +0000, Leonid Ripeynih said:

> Hello!
>
> I'd like to know, is it possible to run multiple Batch Validators in
> parallel? (On different objects).
>
> Currently, when running in parallel, I'm running into some problems with
> org.eclipse.emf.validation.internal.service.AbstractValidationContext.ConstraintFilter.accept(IModelConstraint
> constraint)
>
> method. constraint is sometimes null, which looks like some kind of
> concurrency problem. It also uses some signletons, like
> ClientContextManager and ModelValidationService, which as well does not
> look good for concurrent execution.
> So, is concurrent execution of multiple of batch validators in parralel
> possible?
Previous Topic: [CDO] How to start CDO Server as OSGi bundles (no eclipse product)
Next Topic:[CDO] custom data type/Class cast exception on notification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:17:08 GMT 2024