Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » customize workbench with compatibility layer
customize workbench with compatibility layer [message #1603781] Fri, 06 February 2015 11:50 Go to next message
quest ionnere is currently offline quest ionnereFriend
Hi,

is it possible to customize the workbench using the compatibility layer? Until now (rcp 3.7) we used
WorkbenchWindowAdvisor#createWindowContents(Shell)
to customize our workbench - the method is now deprecated and does not get called anymore. Eclipse wiki states that one has to do customizations in the application model, which, AFAIK, I do not have to have using the compatibility layer.
I did not yet find any hint how I could do those customizations using the compatibility layer - has anyone ever done something like that?
Re: customize workbench with compatibility layer [message #1611866 is a reply to message #1603781] Wed, 11 February 2015 17:05 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
It's possible to get the model using the getService() calls from the various E3.x objects. For example, you can get the MApplication element via:
MApplication app = (MApplication)PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getService(MApplication.class)

You can similarly obtain the MPart for an IViewPart or IEditorPart.

You do need to be careful though as the E3.x compat layer assumes that the underlying E4 model belongs to it and it may well overwrite changes you make to model.

Brian.
Previous Topic:How to close all rcp application windows
Next Topic:how to diable a context menu on ToolControl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:45:55 GMT 2024