Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » .settings folder(Shared project - did not put .settings folder into svn)
.settings folder [message #1580915] Fri, 23 January 2015 19:57 Go to next message
Ron A is currently offline Ron AFriend
I browsed through earlier posts and did not find an answer - I apologize if there is one out there.

I shared a number of Java projects (of various types - straight Java, Dynamic Web, EJB, etc), but when I imported them into a clean workspace I discovered that the .settings folder had not been shared. This had the effect of, for instance, changing my Dynamic Web project into a straight Java project - which caused me all sorts of difficulties.

I am sure that I must have done something wrong when I shared. Can anyone provide me with guidance on this?
Re: .settings folder [message #1645549 is a reply to message #1580915] Mon, 02 March 2015 15:15 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello,

As far as I remember, .settings folder content is not ignored by default. So, the possible reason for not committing the folder is that .settings folder is manually added to svn:ignore property and that's why I would like to recommend to check it.
Previous Topic:Subversive Compatibility versions?
Next Topic:BPEL Installation Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:50:44 GMT 2024