Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » is it possible to check where a View is
is it possible to check where a View is [message #1578592] Thu, 22 January 2015 13:47 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
Hi there,

my problem is i wanna check if a view appears in the right area. So my requirement i have to check is: The View XY appears in the bottom left corner below the navigator when u open the perspective. Is it possible to check that with jubula? If i use check existence the test will also pass if the view appears beside the editor area at the right.

can anybody help me?

Sincerely Dominik
Re: is it possible to check where a View is [message #1585425 is a reply to message #1578592] Mon, 26 January 2015 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Dominik,

It's possible that you might be able to map the tab container where you expect the view and perform "check existence of tab by value". That should let you know whether the tab you expect is in the container you expect.

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: is it possible to check where a View is [message #1585552 is a reply to message #1585425] Mon, 26 January 2015 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

thanks for the fast answer. The problem is: the view i have to check for is the only one in this container. So if i check for existence of the tab, the test will always pass because the container could appear at another place as expected

Sincerely
Dominik

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2015 10:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: is it possible to check where a View is [message #1585595 is a reply to message #1585552] Mon, 26 January 2015 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dominik,

Thanks for the update. What I meant was that you can map the tabbed component and check for the existence of the tabbed pane by its value (tab title). That way, the simple existence of the tabbed folder will not be enough to pass.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: is it possible to check where a View is [message #1585841 is a reply to message #1585595] Mon, 26 January 2015 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok,

i think thats exactly exactly what i have done. i'll give u my example:

So my UI should look like this:
index.php/fa/20589/0/

my step i use to check that:
index.php/fa/20587/0/

so it will pass if the Outline is at bottom left but it also passes if i move the tab per DnD so the UI looks like that:
index.php/fa/20590/0/

is this the way u ment should working or am i doing something wrong here?

Sincerely
Dominik

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2015 14:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: is it possible to check where a View is [message #1585938 is a reply to message #1585841] Mon, 26 January 2015 15:22 Go to previous message
Ah, now I understand. For the case I was explaining you're using the correct unbound module, and it will correctly tell you whether the tab is in the correct view, but what you need to know is whether the whole view is in the correct place, is that right?

If you're wanting to check the position, then you might be able to use check property to check the coordinates. Otherwise, there's no particularly practical way at the moment to check the position of the view. This is at least partially to do with our heuristic, which isn't "upset" when you move the view to another place on the screen.

Hope that helps!
Alex

Previous Topic:Checking Icons in general
Next Topic:Jubula 8.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 10:43:08 GMT 2024