Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Disable Error Markers or Add to Parser/Validation
Disable Error Markers or Add to Parser/Validation [message #1563675] Wed, 14 January 2015 10:31 Go to next message
Richard Griffiths is currently offline Richard GriffithsFriend
Hi guys,

I'm using Eclipse CDT and LDT for development of a game server. We use Lua for the gameplay scripts.

I have edited the LuaJIT sourcecode we use to accept != and various other syntax additions. When I open the .lua files up in Eclipse now, as expected, the LDT is showing error markers next to the non-standard syntax.

Is there a way to disable the error markers only for .lua files or, better yet, is there a way to modify the syntax parsing/validation for error markers to allow for my new additions?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2015 10:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Disable Error Markers or Add to Parser/Validation [message #1592998 is a reply to message #1563675] Fri, 30 January 2015 10:58 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Sorry I missed this post.
There 're no easy way to change the parsing/validation markers for now ... It's seems the Lua community really like to change the grammar of Lua. (We don't see that in other language community). And it's really hard to propose good tooling if each user has its own grammar.
I suppose you have a lot of code based on your modified Lua VM, but you should consider to use standard grammar. This will give you access to a large current and future tooling for Lua.

To disable error markers in project explorer and problems views. Right click on the project/Properties/builders, then you uncheck ScriptBuilder. (if you still have markers in problem view you should delete them manually, they should not be recreated)
This solution is far from perfect, you will still get errors in editors and autocomplete will not really work. Sorry to be not able to propose better than this.
Previous Topic:Build failure
Next Topic:LDT 1.3 M1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:56:36 GMT 2024