Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Sorting of requirement table according to element order?
Sorting of requirement table according to element order? [message #1559719] Mon, 12 January 2015 06:46 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Is it possible to have a requirements (or any other table) to be sorted in the same order the elements are listed in the Model Explorer?

I've tried Alt-Right click to toggle between ordering, but I seem not to achieve what I need/want that way.

[EDIT]: Wait a minute, if I rearrange the requirement elements in the Model Explorer (by moving one element to another position), the table is resorted to show the elements ordered in the Model Explorer order. It appears that I need to do this each time I open the table. Bug or feature?

Also, sorting by the requirements id appears to not be sorting strings appropriately, for instance 1.20 follows 1.2, not 1.19, but perhaps I should add that one to the Bugzilla unless it is something already in the workings?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist

[Updated on: Mon, 12 January 2015 06:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sorting of requirement table according to element order? [message #1559921 is a reply to message #1559719] Mon, 12 January 2015 09:25 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Tomas,

The expected behavior is:

- Default order: Model order (i.e. equivalent to ModelExplorer order, unless you used the A-Z sort in the ModelExplorer)
- Sort by ID: Naive String-Comparison sort, i.e. numbers are sorted alphabetically

You can restore the default sort by clicking several times on the Sort column (Alt + Click to switch between "Sort A-Z", "Sort Z-A", "Don't sort").

The only issue I see is the naive implementation of the String comparison, which doesn't take complete numbers into account.

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Changing icon in stereotype according to several attributes
Next Topic:The Arrow Icon on the Class Box
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:25:06 GMT 2024