Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to avoid eclipse setting files while git rebase?(How to avoid eclipse setting files while git rebase?)
How to avoid eclipse setting files while git rebase? [message #1552289] Thu, 08 January 2015 03:46 Go to next message
Ritesh Patel is currently offline Ritesh PatelFriend
Hello All,

I have to rebase my feature branch with development branch before merge into development branch. But whenever I do rebase, my eclipse setting files, e.g. .project, .classpath, and maven files, e.g. pom.xml, also changed with development branch version. How do I avoid it?

And even if I switch from one feature branch to another feature branch, it asks me to stash/commit changes for pom.xml and other setting files, which I want to make common for all branches in my local repository.

Can you please help me to solve these issues?

Thanks,
Ritesh Patel.
Re: How to avoid eclipse setting files while git rebase? [message #1565680 is a reply to message #1552289] Thu, 15 January 2015 12:19 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
If you don't want to version control these files you can stop versioning them using Team > Advanced > Untrack"
then commit this using staging view.

Though I would not recommend to stop versioning these files since then you'll have a hard time teaching
all members in the team to use the right settings. Not versioning pom.xml seems wrong to me.
Previous Topic:import from git...project not working anymore
Next Topic:security-fix for CVE-2014-9390
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 03:43:55 GMT 2024