Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » SVG rendering toolkit for the clips(Is there a rendering tool kit or jar or plug-in for SVG )
SVG rendering toolkit for the clips [message #1551174] Wed, 07 January 2015 13:05 Go to next message
Paul Roubekas is currently offline Paul RoubekasFriend
I have a need for a scalable vector graphics also known as SVG for short for rendering engine for use on Eclipse. Is there such a thing? I know Firefox supports SVG. But I don't want to imbed Firefox in my ID app

Oxygen 3a
Windows 10
Re: SVG rendering toolkit for the clips [message #1649769 is a reply to message #1551174] Wed, 04 March 2015 13:53 Go to previous message
Paul Roubekas is currently offline Paul RoubekasFriend
I am answering my own question for the benefit of others. I have found that docfacto has wrapped the Batik implementation of SVG. The docfacto product is call Beermat. See the quote below from Darren Hudson of docfacto. What is even better is that Beermat is already on the Eclipse Marketplace.

We wrote an SVG viewer and editor for eclipse, in fact, we wrote the ability to have SVG diagrams in a hoover (tooltip) box.

The grunt work of the SVG processing is done via Batik. Batik has a very simple SVG viewer, but it was written in AWT, and eclipse uses SWT.

We decided to allow for the displaying and the editing of SVG in Eclipse via the SWT framework as it was part of our automated documentation strategy.

Oxygen 3a
Windows 10
Previous Topic:[EMF Generator] Headless Code Generation With Resource References Fails
Next Topic:[EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:04:00 GMT 2024