Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » "Replace with Index" and "Replace with HEAD" in Staging view do nothing
"Replace with Index" and "Replace with HEAD" in Staging view do nothing [message #1547247] Mon, 05 January 2015 10:10 Go to next message
Juan Cadavid is currently offline Juan CadavidFriend

Hello,

I love EGit and particularly the Staging view but ever since I started using it months ago there has been one feature I haven't been able to make work.

When I'm rebasing and I get conflicts, they are properly shown in the Staging view under Unstaged Changes. When I decide that I won't merge anything but will keep the incoming commit's changes, and click "Replace with Index", nothing happens, and nothing is logged on Error view. If I decide to keep my local version of the file, "Replace with HEAD Revision" won't do anything nor log anything either.

The files belong to projects which are in the workspace and are open.

I work with a fairly large repository [0], if size could matter for this. Any clues?
Thanks !

Juan

[0] https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git/
Re: "Replace with Index" and "Replace with HEAD" in Staging view do nothing [message #1549004 is a reply to message #1547247] Tue, 06 January 2015 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm on Windows by the way.
Re: "Replace with Index" and "Replace with HEAD" in Staging view do nothing [message #1565679 is a reply to message #1549004] Thu, 15 January 2015 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Install at least 3.6.0 and use "Replace with theirs" or "Replace with ours" depending which side you want, then move this entry to the "Staged Changes" pane.
Re: "Replace with Index" and "Replace with HEAD" in Staging view do nothing [message #1565730 is a reply to message #1565679] Thu, 15 January 2015 12:55 Go to previous message

Just saw those new actions, and it works well. Thank you!
Previous Topic:insert git head into code
Next Topic:I'm having problems with CommitTimeRevFilter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:34:58 GMT 2024