Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Content Assist for JSP Expression Language?(How can I get content assist for the JSP expression language?)
Content Assist for JSP Expression Language? [message #1507943] Fri, 12 December 2014 02:26 Go to next message
Rob Freundlich is currently offline Rob FreundlichFriend
I'm doing a small Java/JSP project using servlets to create simple Java objects that follow bean guidelines and stick them into request attributes, and then use JSP's to render them. Using Eclipse Luna, if I use scriptlets, I can get Content Assist for my objects.

However, scriptlets are ugly and recommended against, so I'm trying to use JSTL and the Expression Language instead. The catch is that I can't get any Content Assist for my objects using the Expression Language.

For example, in my servlet, I put an object of type my.package.DailyCalendar into the request with request.setAttribute("calendar", myDailyCalendar);

In my JSP, I declare the following:

<jsp:useBean id="calendar" scope="request" type="my.package.DailyCalendar"/>

Later in the JSP, I type the following, leaving my cursor after the period:

<c:set var="stuff" scope="page" value="${calendar.}"/>

If I hit Ctrl+Space, I expect to see all of the properties of a DailyCalendar object, but I get nothing.

Is there something I can do to make this work?
Re: Content Assist for JSP Expression Language? [message #1694198 is a reply to message #1507943] Fri, 01 May 2015 22:16 Go to previous message
elhashash Ibrahim is currently offline elhashash IbrahimFriend
I wish I help you but I really do not know and I hope to get help
Previous Topic:HTML Editor: how to change an wrap elements
Next Topic:Problems starting GlassFish via GlassFish Tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:25:01 GMT 2024