Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir(Commit cancelled by checksum error handler due to invalid checksum.)
[EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1507421] Thu, 11 December 2014 16:10 Go to next message
Marina Knieling is currently offline Marina KnielingFriend
Hey guys,

My environment:
eclipse Luna, ECD SDK 1.4

My application:
2 OSGi DS (one is for the access to the EMFStore), => work
model and model.edit plugins load before OSGi Services,
1 Viewmodel for 1 object (top level model object) => works

My problem:
The Part in which the Viewmodel gets rendered has an annotated save method, that calls a save method on the (injected) OSGi service that is responsible for accessing the EMFStore.
The OSGi service method looks like this:

@Override
	public void save(EObject modelObject) throws ESUpdateRequiredException, ESException {
		ESLocalProject localProject = workspace.createLocalProject(((Organ)modelObject).getName());
		localProject.shareProject(usersession, new ESSystemOutProgressMonitor());
		localProject.getModelElements().add(modelObject);
		localProject.commit("My Message" ,null,new ESSystemOutProgressMonitor());
	}

workspace is initialized on service startup, local server is running

Project gets created and is shared (I checked the .emfstore folders).

Through debugging I realized two things:
1. modelObject isn't added to modelElements in the internal Project
2. commit fails due to checksum error

My questions:
Can I use an OSGi service for accessing the EMFStore? Are there any things I need to check?

What might cause the problem with the modelObject not added to the modelElements? Is that the reason for the checksum thingy error?

BTW: the hello world demo application works fine.

Thanks for any hints

Marina
Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1513598 is a reply to message #1507421] Tue, 16 December 2014 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maximilian Koegel is currently offline Maximilian KoegelFriend
Hi Marina,

just a guess:
If you run on pure OSGi there is no extension registry depending on your
configuration and therefore the EPackages of your models will possibly
not be registered with the EMF package registry. This could IMHO cause
the behavior you are experiencing. You can do the registration manually
also by using the PackageRegistry API. Please note that this would have
to be done on both the client and the server side.
Maybe it is also related to this bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=358857
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Maximilian

Am 11.12.2014 17:10, schrieb Marina Knieling:
> Hey guys,
>
> My environment:
> eclipse Luna, ECD SDK 1.4
>
> My application:
> 2 OSGi DS (one is for the access to the EMFStore), => work
> model and model.edit plugins load before OSGi Services,
> 1 Viewmodel for 1 object (top level model object) => works
>
> My problem:
> The Part in which the Viewmodel gets rendered has an annotated save
> method, that calls a save method on the (injected) OSGi service that is
> responsible for accessing the EMFStore.
> The OSGi service method looks like this:
>
>
> @Override
> public void save(EObject modelObject) throws
> ESUpdateRequiredException, ESException {
> ESLocalProject localProject =
> workspace.createLocalProject(((Organ)modelObject).getName());
> localProject.shareProject(usersession, new
> ESSystemOutProgressMonitor());
> localProject.getModelElements().add(modelObject);
> localProject.commit("My Message" ,null,new
> }
>
>
> workspace is initialized on service startup, local server is running
>
> Project gets created and is shared (I checked the .emfstore folders).
>
> Through debugging I realized two things: 1. modelObject isn't added to
> modelElements in the internal Project
> 2. commit fails due to checksum error
>
> My questions:
> Can I use an OSGi service for accessing the EMFStore? Are there any
> things I need to check?
>
> What might cause the problem with the modelObject not added to the
> modelElements? Is that the reason for the checksum thingy error?
>
> BTW: the hello world demo application works fine.
>
> Thanks for any hints
>
> Marina

--
Maximilian Kögel

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1622399 is a reply to message #1513598] Wed, 18 February 2015 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

I'm back with my problem. In the meantime I wanted to make sure that it isn't my model that causes this problem and so I used your emfstore helloworld example with my model. At first I faced the same problem there, so I redesigned the model and finally it worked with the helloworld example.

Back in my application I have the same problem again.
You mentioned that it might be the case that it doesn't get registered with the package registry, but when I set a breakpoint in the PackageImpl.init() method, it is called and so I think it gets registered. Or is there another place I need to check?

I even tried to start the model bundle before my OSGi service bundles to make sure the package is registered before the server gets started and I've put the call to the PackageImpl.init() method in my server code. But nothing has helped so far. I start my server together with the application (so using the same approach like the helloworld example). I didn't change any server properties.
Any other ideas what I might do wrong?

BTW: another strange thing I notice is a DanglingHREFException:

Sharing Project:..........DONE
Commiting changes:..
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client 4 0 2015-02-18 14:14:21.601
!MESSAGE emfstore://workspaces/default/projectspaces/_HHwg6LduEeSEhfxdjiqdWA/projectspace
The object 'org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.UsersessionImpl@5c43180c (username: super)' is not contained in a resource.
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.DanglingHREFException: The object 'org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.UsersessionImpl@5c43180c (username: super)' is not contained in a resource.
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.handleDanglingHREF(XMLHelperImpl.java:754)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.getHREF(XMLHelperImpl.java:788)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveEObjectSingle(XMLSaveImpl.java:1885)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveFeatures(XMLSaveImpl.java:1324)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveFeatures(XMLSaveImpl.java:1224)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveElementID(XMLSaveImpl.java:2716)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.writeTopObject(XMLSaveImpl.java:683)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.traverse(XMLSaveImpl.java:591)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.save(XMLSaveImpl.java:251)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doSave(XMLResourceImpl.java:389)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:1430)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:999)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.ModelUtil.saveResource(ModelUtil.java:493)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ResourcePersister.saveDirtyResources(ResourcePersister.java:170)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ResourcePersister.inspectChanges(ResourcePersister.java:335)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.observer.ObserverBus$ProxyHandler.notifiyObservers(ObserverBus.java:275)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.observer.ObserverBus$ProxyHandler.invoke(ObserverBus.java:261)
at $Proxy20.inspectChanges(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.commit(CommitController.java:136)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.run(CommitController.java:102)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.run(CommitController.java:1)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.ServerCall.run(ServerCall.java:249)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.SessionManager.executeCall(SessionManager.java:126)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.SessionManager.execute(SessionManager.java:65)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.ServerCall.execute(ServerCall.java:269)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ProjectSpaceBase.commit(ProjectSpaceBase.java:372)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl$14.call(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:407)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl$14.call(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:1)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client.util.RunESCommand$WithException$1.doRun(RunESCommand.java:61)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommandWithResult.commandBody(EMFStoreCommandWithResult.java:31)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.execute(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:64)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.execute(BasicCommandStack.java:78)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.changeTracking.commands.EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.execute(EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.java:72)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.aRun(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:108)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommandWithResult.run(EMFStoreCommandWithResult.java:59)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client.util.RunESCommand$WithException.runWithResult(RunESCommand.java:78)
at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl.commit(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:401)
at com.vknie.comma.core.services.internal.EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl.save(EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl.java:65)
at com.vknie.comma.core.ui.views.OrganEMFView.saveOrgan(OrganEMFView.java:107)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:214)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:90)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceSaveHandler.save(PartServiceSaveHandler.java:63)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.savePart(PartServiceImpl.java:1322)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.closePart(StackRenderer.java:1221)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.access$3(StackRenderer.java:1204)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer$12.close(StackRenderer.java:1095)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1874)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:288)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:164)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

Maybe this has something to do with it.

Thanks for any hints
Marina
Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1622539 is a reply to message #1622399] Wed, 18 February 2015 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

comments inline...;)

> I'm back with my problem. In the meantime I wanted to make sure that it
> isn't my model that causes this problem and so I used your emfstore
> helloworld example with my model. At first I faced the same problem
> there, so I redesigned the model and finally it worked with the
> helloworld example.
What did you need to change there? This should not be the case.

> Back in my application I have the same problem again.
> You mentioned that it might be the case that it doesn't get registered
> with the package registry, but when I set a breakpoint in the
> PackageImpl.init() method, it is called and so I think it gets
> registered. Or is there another place I need to check?
What is the stacktrace for this failure?
>
> BTW: another strange thing I notice is a DanglingHREFException:
Can you provide which API calls you use to connect to the server in your
class EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl. I guess the usersession is never
added to the list of usersessions in the workspace.

Cheers,
Maximilian
--
Maximilian Kögel

Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1622734 is a reply to message #1622539] Wed, 18 February 2015 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

> At first I faced the same problem
> there, so I redesigned the model and finally it worked with the
> helloworld example.
What did you need to change there? This should not be the case.

To be honest: I've got no idea. I started from scratch and left out some attributes I didn't need anymore. Both models were valid.

Quote:

> Back in my application I have the same problem again.
> You mentioned that it might be the case that it doesn't get registered
> with the package registry, but when I set a breakpoint in the
> PackageImpl.init() method, it is called and so I think it gets
> registered. Or is there another place I need to check?
What is the stacktrace for this failure?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.common.model 1 1 2015-02-18 18:53:13.608
!MESSAGE Total time for commit: 47
Total time for commit: 47
...org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.server.exceptions.ESException: Commit cancelled by checksum error handler due to invalid checksum.
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.handleChecksumProcessing(CommitController.java:215)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.commit(CommitController.java:181)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.run(CommitController.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.run(CommitController.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.ServerCall.run(ServerCall.java:249)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.SessionManager.executeCall(SessionManager.java:126)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.SessionManager.execute(SessionManager.java:65)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.ServerCall.execute(ServerCall.java:269)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ProjectSpaceBase.commit(ProjectSpaceBase.java:372)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl$14.call(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:407)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl$14.call(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client.util.RunESCommand$WithException$1.doRun(RunESCommand.java:61)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommandWithResult.commandBody(EMFStoreCommandWithResult.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.execute(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.execute(BasicCommandStack.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.changeTracking.commands.EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.execute(EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.aRun(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:108)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommandWithResult.run(EMFStoreCommandWithResult.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client.util.RunESCommand$WithException.runWithResult(RunESCommand.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl.commit(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:401)
	at com.vknie.comma.core.services.internal.EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl.save(EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl.java:65)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceSaveHandler.save(PartServiceSaveHandler.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.savePart(PartServiceImpl.java:1322)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.closePart(StackRenderer.java:1221)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.access$3(StackRenderer.java:1204)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer$12.close(StackRenderer.java:1095)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:164)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

Quote:

> BTW: another strange thing I notice is a DanglingHREFException:
Can you provide which API calls you use to connect to the server in your
class EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl. I guess the usersession is never
added to the list of usersessions in the workspace.

Here's the code for the constructor and the save method of my service:

ESServer localServer;
	ESWorkspace workspace;
	ESUsersession usersession;

public EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl() {
		try {
			// Create a client representation for a local server and start a local server.
			localServer = ESServer.FACTORY.createAndStartLocalServer();
			localServer.setPort(8080);
			workspace = ESWorkspaceProvider.INSTANCE.getWorkspace();
			workspace.addServer(localServer);
			for (ESServer existingServer : workspace.getServers()) {
				if (existingServer != localServer) {
					try {
						workspace.removeServer(existingServer);
					} catch (ESServerNotFoundException e) {
						e.printStackTrace();
					}
				}
			}
			usersession = localServer.login("super", "super");
//			CommaPackageImpl.init();  // this didn't help
		} catch (ESException | ESServerStartFailedException e) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
	}

@Override
	public void save(EObject modelObject) throws ESUpdateRequiredException, ESException {
		ESLocalProject localProject = workspace.createLocalProject(((Organ)modelObject).getName());
		localProject.shareProject(usersession, new ESSystemOutProgressMonitor());
		localProject.getModelElements().add(modelObject);
		localProject.commit("My Message" ,null,new ESSystemOutProgressMonitor());
	}

And here's the stacktrace for the DanglingHREFException:

Sharing Project:..........DONE
Commiting changes:..
!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client 4 0 2015-02-18 19:04:45.571
!MESSAGE emfstore://workspaces/default/projectspaces/_5N-7kLeXEeSYdMxFSnesuQ/projectspace
The object 'org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.UsersessionImpl@61bc6e07 (username: super)' is not contained in a resource.
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.DanglingHREFException: The object 'org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.UsersessionImpl@61bc6e07 (username: super)' is not contained in a resource.
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.handleDanglingHREF(XMLHelperImpl.java:754)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.getHREF(XMLHelperImpl.java:788)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveEObjectSingle(XMLSaveImpl.java:1885)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveFeatures(XMLSaveImpl.java:1324)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveFeatures(XMLSaveImpl.java:1224)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveElementID(XMLSaveImpl.java:2716)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.writeTopObject(XMLSaveImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.traverse(XMLSaveImpl.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.save(XMLSaveImpl.java:251)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doSave(XMLResourceImpl.java:389)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:1430)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:999)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.ModelUtil.saveResource(ModelUtil.java:493)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ResourcePersister.saveDirtyResources(ResourcePersister.java:170)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ResourcePersister.inspectChanges(ResourcePersister.java:335)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.observer.ObserverBus$ProxyHandler.notifiyObservers(ObserverBus.java:275)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.observer.ObserverBus$ProxyHandler.invoke(ObserverBus.java:261)
	at $Proxy20.inspectChanges(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.commit(CommitController.java:136)

Thanks,
Marina
Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1624217 is a reply to message #1622734] Thu, 19 February 2015 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

comments inline. I assume you are using the latest version of EMFStore
1.4.x?

>> > At first I faced the same problem
>> > there, so I redesigned the model and finally it worked with the
>> > helloworld example.
>> What did you need to change there? This should not be the case.
> To be honest: I've got no idea. I started from scratch and left out some
We just tried and it worked fine for us.
> attributes I didn't need anymore. Both models were valid.
We just tried and it worked fine for us. Can you please retry with a
clean workspace and Eclipse.

>> > Back in my application I have the same problem again.
>> > You mentioned that it might be the case that it doesn't get registered
>> > with the package registry, but when I set a breakpoint in the
>> > PackageImpl.init() method, it is called and so I think it gets
>> > registered. Or is there another place I need to check?
>> What is the stacktrace for this failure?
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.common.model 1 1 2015-02-18 18:53:13.608
> !MESSAGE Total time for commit: 47
> Total time for commit: 47
> ...org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.server.exceptions.ESException: Commit
> cancelled by checksum error handler due to invalid checksum.
Did you chance any of the code generated for the model?

> Quote:
>> > BTW: another strange thing I notice is a DanglingHREFException:
>> Can you provide which API calls you use to connect to the server in your
>> class EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl. I guess the usersession is never
>> added to the list of usersessions in the workspace.
Can you please open a bugzilla for this, may be it is a bug.

Cheers,
Maximilian
>
>
> Here's the code for the constructor and the save method of my service:
>
>
> ESServer localServer;
> ESWorkspace workspace;
> ESUsersession usersession;
>
> public EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl() {
> try {
> // Create a client representation for a local server and
> start a local server.
> localServer = ESServer.FACTORY.createAndStartLocalServer();
> localServer.setPort(8080);
> workspace = ESWorkspaceProvider.INSTANCE.getWorkspace();
> workspace.addServer(localServer);
> for (ESServer existingServer : workspace.getServers()) {
> if (existingServer != localServer) {
> try {
> workspace.removeServer(existingServer);
> } catch (ESServerNotFoundException e) {
> e.printStackTrace();
> }
> }
> }
> usersession = localServer.login("super", "super");
> // CommaPackageImpl.init(); // this didn't help
> } catch (ESException | ESServerStartFailedException e) {
> // TODO Auto-generated catch block
> e.printStackTrace();
> }
> }
>
>
>
> @Override
> public void save(EObject modelObject) throws
> ESUpdateRequiredException, ESException {
> ESLocalProject localProject =
> workspace.createLocalProject(((Organ)modelObject).getName());
> localProject.shareProject(usersession, new
> localProject.getModelElements().add(modelObject);
> localProject.commit("My Message" ,null,new
> }
>
>
> And here's the stacktrace for the DanglingHREFException:
>
>
> Sharing Project:..........DONE
> Commiting changes:..
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client 4 0 2015-02-18 19:04:45.571
> !MESSAGE
> emfstore://workspaces/default/projectspaces/_5N-7kLeXEeSYdMxFSnesuQ/projectspace
>
> The object
> 'org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.UsersessionImpl@61bc6e07
> (username: super)' is not contained in a resource.
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.DanglingHREFException: The object
> 'org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.UsersessionImpl@61bc6e07
> (username: super)' is not contained in a resource.
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.handleDanglingHREF(XMLHelperImpl.java:754)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.getHREF(XMLHelperImpl.java:788)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveEObjectSingle(XMLSaveImpl.java:1885)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveFeatures(XMLSaveImpl.java:1324)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveFeatures(XMLSaveImpl.java:1224)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveElementID(XMLSaveImpl.java:2716)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.writeTopObject(XMLSaveImpl.java:683)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.traverse(XMLSaveImpl.java:591)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.save(XMLSaveImpl.java:251)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doSave(XMLResourceImpl.java:389)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:1430)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:999)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.ModelUtil.saveResource(ModelUtil.java:493)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ResourcePersister.saveDirtyResources(ResourcePersister.java:170)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ResourcePersister.inspectChanges(ResourcePersister.java:335)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.observer.ObserverBus$ProxyHandler.notifiyObservers(ObserverBus.java:275)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.observer.ObserverBus$ProxyHandler.invoke(ObserverBus.java:261)
>
> at $Proxy20.inspectChanges(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.commit(CommitController.java:136)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.run(CommitController.java:102)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.run(CommitController.java:1)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.ServerCall.run(ServerCall.java:249)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.SessionManager.executeCall(SessionManager.java:126)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.SessionManager.execute(SessionManager.java:65)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.ServerCall.execute(ServerCall.java:269)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ProjectSpaceBase.commit(ProjectSpaceBase.java:372)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl$14.call(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:407)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl$14.call(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:1)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client.util.RunESCommand$WithException$1.doRun(RunESCommand.java:61)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommandWithResult.commandBody(EMFStoreCommandWithResult.java:31)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.execute(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:64)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.execute(BasicCommandStack.java:78)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.changeTracking.commands.EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.execute(EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.java:72)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.aRun(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:108)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommandWithResult.run(EMFStoreCommandWithResult.java:59)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client.util.RunESCommand$WithException.runWithResult(RunESCommand.java:78)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl.commit(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:401)
>
> at
> com.vknie.comma.core.services.internal.EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl.save(EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl.java:65)
>
> at
> com.vknie.comma.core.ui.views.OrganEMFView.saveOrgan(OrganEMFView.java:107)
> at
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:214)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:90)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceSaveHandler.save(PartServiceSaveHandler.java:63)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.savePart(PartServiceImpl.java:1322)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.closePart(StackRenderer.java:1221)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.access$3(StackRenderer.java:1204)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer$12.close(StackRenderer.java:1095)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1874)
> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:288)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:164)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
>
> at
>
> at
>
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
>
>
> Thanks,
> Marina

--
Maximilian Kögel

Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1624239 is a reply to message #1624217] Thu, 19 February 2015 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concerning your third problem with DanglingHREF.
This is like the demo code in the examples and it works for me without
exception. Did you try the examples without modification, do they work
for you?

Cheers,
Maximilian

Am 19.02.2015 um 17:42 schrieb Maximilian Koegel:
> Hi,
>
> comments inline. I assume you are using the latest version of EMFStore
> 1.4.x?
>
>>>> At first I faced the same problem
>>>> there, so I redesigned the model and finally it worked with the
>>>> helloworld example.
>>> What did you need to change there? This should not be the case.
>> To be honest: I've got no idea. I started from scratch and left out some
> We just tried and it worked fine for us.
>> attributes I didn't need anymore. Both models were valid.
> We just tried and it worked fine for us. Can you please retry with a
> clean workspace and Eclipse.
>
>>>> Back in my application I have the same problem again.
>>>> You mentioned that it might be the case that it doesn't get registered
>>>> with the package registry, but when I set a breakpoint in the
>>>> PackageImpl.init() method, it is called and so I think it gets
>>>> registered. Or is there another place I need to check?
>>> What is the stacktrace for this failure?
>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.common.model 1 1 2015-02-18 18:53:13.608
>> !MESSAGE Total time for commit: 47
>> Total time for commit: 47
>> ...org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.server.exceptions.ESException: Commit
>> cancelled by checksum error handler due to invalid checksum.
> Did you chance any of the code generated for the model?
>
>> Quote:
>>>> BTW: another strange thing I notice is a DanglingHREFException:
>>> Can you provide which API calls you use to connect to the server in your
>>> class EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl. I guess the usersession is never
>>> added to the list of usersessions in the workspace.
> Can you please open a bugzilla for this, may be it is a bug.
>
> Cheers,
> Maximilian
>>
>>
>> Here's the code for the constructor and the save method of my service:
>>
>>
>> ESServer localServer;
>> ESWorkspace workspace;
>> ESUsersession usersession;
>>
>> public EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl() {
>> try {
>> // Create a client representation for a local server and
>> start a local server.
>> localServer = ESServer.FACTORY.createAndStartLocalServer();
>> localServer.setPort(8080);
>> workspace = ESWorkspaceProvider.INSTANCE.getWorkspace();
>> workspace.addServer(localServer);
>> for (ESServer existingServer : workspace.getServers()) {
>> if (existingServer != localServer) {
>> try {
>> workspace.removeServer(existingServer);
>> } catch (ESServerNotFoundException e) {
>> e.printStackTrace();
>> }
>> }
>> }
>> usersession = localServer.login("super", "super");
>> // CommaPackageImpl.init(); // this didn't help
>> } catch (ESException | ESServerStartFailedException e) {
>> // TODO Auto-generated catch block
>> e.printStackTrace();
>> }
>> }
>>
>>
>>
>> @Override
>> public void save(EObject modelObject) throws
>> ESUpdateRequiredException, ESException {
>> ESLocalProject localProject =
>> workspace.createLocalProject(((Organ)modelObject).getName());
>> localProject.shareProject(usersession, new
>> ESSystemOutProgressMonitor());
>> localProject.getModelElements().add(modelObject);
>> localProject.commit("My Message" ,null,new
>> ESSystemOutProgressMonitor());
>> }
>>
>>
>> And here's the stacktrace for the DanglingHREFException:
>>
>>
>> Sharing Project:..........DONE
>> Commiting changes:..
>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client 4 0 2015-02-18 19:04:45.571
>> !MESSAGE
>> emfstore://workspaces/default/projectspaces/_5N-7kLeXEeSYdMxFSnesuQ/projectspace
>>
>> The object
>> 'org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.UsersessionImpl@61bc6e07
>> (username: super)' is not contained in a resource.
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.DanglingHREFException: The object
>> 'org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.UsersessionImpl@61bc6e07
>> (username: super)' is not contained in a resource.
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.handleDanglingHREF(XMLHelperImpl.java:754)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHelperImpl.getHREF(XMLHelperImpl.java:788)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveEObjectSingle(XMLSaveImpl.java:1885)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveFeatures(XMLSaveImpl.java:1324)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveFeatures(XMLSaveImpl.java:1224)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.saveElementID(XMLSaveImpl.java:2716)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.writeTopObject(XMLSaveImpl.java:683)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.traverse(XMLSaveImpl.java:591)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLSaveImpl.save(XMLSaveImpl.java:251)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doSave(XMLResourceImpl.java:389)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:1430)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:999)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.model.util.ModelUtil.saveResource(ModelUtil.java:493)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ResourcePersister.saveDirtyResources(ResourcePersister.java:170)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ResourcePersister.inspectChanges(ResourcePersister.java:335)
>>
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.observer.ObserverBus$ProxyHandler.notifiyObservers(ObserverBus.java:275)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.common.observer.ObserverBus$ProxyHandler.invoke(ObserverBus.java:261)
>>
>> at $Proxy20.inspectChanges(Unknown Source)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.commit(CommitController.java:136)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.run(CommitController.java:102)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.controller.CommitController.run(CommitController.java:1)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.ServerCall.run(ServerCall.java:249)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.SessionManager.executeCall(SessionManager.java:126)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.SessionManager.execute(SessionManager.java:65)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.connectionmanager.ServerCall.execute(ServerCall.java:269)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.ProjectSpaceBase.commit(ProjectSpaceBase.java:372)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl$14.call(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:407)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl$14.call(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:1)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client.util.RunESCommand$WithException$1.doRun(RunESCommand.java:61)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommandWithResult.commandBody(EMFStoreCommandWithResult.java:31)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.execute(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:64)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.execute(BasicCommandStack.java:78)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.changeTracking.commands.EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.execute(EMFStoreBasicCommandStack.java:72)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.AbstractEMFStoreCommand.aRun(AbstractEMFStoreCommand.java:108)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.util.EMFStoreCommandWithResult.run(EMFStoreCommandWithResult.java:59)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.client.util.RunESCommand$WithException.runWithResult(RunESCommand.java:78)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.internal.client.model.impl.api.ESLocalProjectImpl.commit(ESLocalProjectImpl.java:401)
>>
>> at
>> com.vknie.comma.core.services.internal.EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl.save(EMFStorePersistenceServiceImpl.java:65)
>>
>> at
>> com.vknie.comma.core.ui.views.OrganEMFView.saveOrgan(OrganEMFView.java:107)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:214)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:90)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceSaveHandler.save(PartServiceSaveHandler.java:63)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.savePart(PartServiceImpl.java:1322)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.closePart(StackRenderer.java:1221)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.access$3(StackRenderer.java:1204)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer$12.close(StackRenderer.java:1095)
>>
>> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1874)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:288)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
>> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:164)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
>>
>> at
>>
>> at
>>
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
>> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Marina
>
>

--
Maximilian Kögel

Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1625604 is a reply to message #1624239] Fri, 20 February 2015 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Maximilian,

comments inline:

>>> What is the stacktrace for this failure?
>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.common.model 1 1 2015-02-18 18:53:13.608
>> !MESSAGE Total time for commit: 47
>> Total time for commit: 47
>> ...org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.server.exceptions.ESException: Commit
>> cancelled by checksum error handler due to invalid checksum.
>Did you chance any of the code generated for the model?

I have some derived/transient/volatile attributes in my model and the only thing I changed from the generated code is that I implemented the methods for those attributes. In addition there are some modeled operations which I also simply implemented. But those aren't used in my application yet.

>Concerning your third problem with DanglingHREF.
>This is like the demo code in the examples and it works for me without
>exception. Did you try the examples without modification, do they work
>for you?

Yes, the helloworld example works out of the box (with the League and Players code) and with my model. I create my top level object and 2 associated objects, just like the example with League and Players. I have no DanglingHREFException and I have no checksum errors.

So let me summarize once again:
I have an e4 application with 4 bundles:
* comma-app (with handlers, dialogs, some views and core logic)
* comma-model (model code + some added util classes)
* comma-services (2 OSGi declerated services, 1 for the EMFStore connection and another to get access to my top level object from everywhere in the application)
* comma-viewmodels (EMFForms viewmodels)

In the Activator class of the comma-app bundle, I access my two services via ServiceReference:

// obtain organ provider service
ServiceReference<?> organProviderServiceReference = context.getServiceReference(OrganProvider.class.getName());
organProvider = (OrganProvider) context.getService(organProviderServiceReference);

ServiceReference<?> emfstoreServiceReference = context.getServiceReference(EMFStorePersistenceService.class.getName());
emfStorePersistenceService = (EMFStorePersistenceService) context.getService(emfstoreServiceReference);

That's where the server is started via the constructor in the given service. (works)

In my application I create a new Organ object (my top level object) in an EMFForms Viewmodel. I enter some details and save it. This calls the save method in my EMFStore service. There I create an ESLocalProject with the name of the just created organ object. Then I share this project (works). Then I add the organ object to the model elements of the project (not sure if that works, see below). Then I commit the project (exceptions occur here).

When I now inspect the generated files in the emfstore folder, I can see the following:

On the server side:
I have a project folder with 6 files inside: changepackage, projectHistory, 2 * projectState, 2 * version
version-1.upv shows my commit message from the save method
projectState-1.ups show my organ object with the details I entered in the UI. So it seems that the commit succeeded anyway. Regardless of the exceptions that occured.

On the client side:
I have a project folder with a "files" folder and 3 files inside: operations, project and projectspace
projectspace shows the project with the name that was given in the my save method and the ID from the corresponding server project
project doesn't include any model elements (so it doesn't include my organ object)
operations includes a CreateDeleteOperation for adding the organ object

I also tried the following:
create local project, add model element, then share, don't commit
then I don't have any model elements either on the server nor on the client side. I don't know whether this in intentional or not, but it seems unlogical in my eyes. If I first add some model elements and then share the project then I presume that the model elements are shared together with the project. But that might be the way EMFStore works.

If I don't commit, I don't have any exceptions. So it's definitely the commit method that makes trouble.

Sorry for the longish post, but I thought I describe in a little more detail what exactly is going on in my application. Hope that helps a little bit in finding some possible misunderstandings or errors I might have made or what ever might be wrong.

Regards
Marina
Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1637386 is a reply to message #1625604] Thu, 26 February 2015 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Marina,

comments inline...
>> Did you chance any of the code generated for the model?
> I have some derived/transient/volatile attributes in my model and the
> only thing I changed from the generated code is that I implemented the
> methods for those attributes.
Are all of those attributes derived/transient/volatile=true? I think
your problem could be related to these features. If it is an option to
you I would try to narrow down the problem by removing them gradually
until it works.

> In my application I create a new Organ object (my top level object) in
> an EMFForms Viewmodel. I enter some details and save it. This calls the
> save method in my EMFStore service. There I create an ESLocalProject
> with the name of the just created organ object. Then I share this
> project (works). Then I add the organ object to the model elements of
> the project (not sure if that works, see below). Then I commit the
> project (exceptions occur here).
>
> When I now inspect the generated files in the emfstore folder, I can see
> the following:
>
> On the server side:
> I have a project folder with 6 files inside: changepackage,
> projectHistory, 2 * projectState, 2 * version
> version-1.upv shows my commit message from the save method
> projectState-1.ups show my organ object with the details I entered in
> the UI. So it seems that the commit succeeded anyway. Regardless of the
> exceptions that occured.
>
> On the client side:
> I have a project folder with a "files" folder and 3 files inside:
> operations, project and projectspace
> projectspace shows the project with the name that was given in the my
> save method and the ID from the corresponding server project
> project doesn't include any model elements (so it doesn't include my
> organ object)
> operations includes a CreateDeleteOperation for adding the organ object
I suspect the problems you have are related to your model and the custom
code in your model. However it is hard for me to debug this from your
emails only. What would help is a minimal test case which fails. It
would be best if you used Gerrit for that:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit
An alternative would be to go for professional support:

> I also tried the following:
> create local project, add model element, then share, don't commit
> then I don't have any model elements either on the server nor on the
> client side. I don't know whether this in intentional or not, but it
> seems unlogical in my eyes. If I first add some model elements and then
> share the project then I presume that the model elements are shared
> together with the project. But that might be the way EMFStore works.
No, this not intended, there must be a problem specific to your model.

Cheers,
Maximilian

--
Maximilian Kögel

Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1645152 is a reply to message #1637386] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think, I can exclude problems with my model, now. I reduced it to only one Class with only "normal" String and int attributes with no special behaviour and I still face the exact same problems. For the moment I will abandon the server functionality and the version history and focus on the client side as I need to get my application running in a base version by the end of this week and saving on the client side seems to be working. Maybe I try to get rid of the OSGi service and get access to the store in some other way later and see if that works for the server or how does ECP gets access to the EMFStore?
Thanks for any help and hints for the moment.
Marina
Re: [EMFStore][EMFForms] Commit fails with checksum errir [message #1654374 is a reply to message #1645152] Fri, 06 March 2015 17:06 Go to previous message
Hi,

maybe you can now provide a minimal test-case based on one of the
example models but with your or a similar OSGi service. If it is not the
model it must be related to the code in your OSGi service.

Best regards,
Maximilian

Am 02.03.2015 um 12:04 schrieb Marina Knieling:
> I think, I can exclude problems with my model, now. I reduced it to only
> one Class with only "normal" String and int attributes with no special
> behaviour and I still face the exact same problems. For the moment I
> will abandon the server functionality and the version history and focus
> on the client side as I need to get my application running in a base
> version by the end of this week and saving on the client side seems to
> be working. Maybe I try to get rid of the OSGi service and get access to
> the store in some other way later and see if that works for the server
> or how does ECP gets access to the EMFStore?
> Thanks for any help and hints for the moment.
> Marina

--
Maximilian Kögel

Previous Topic:SVG rendering toolkit for the clips
Next Topic:Dynamic EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:40:20 GMT 2024