Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » What are the linker/builder/code completion/... directories?
What are the linker/builder/code completion/... directories? [message #1497162] Wed, 03 December 2014 15:41 Go to next message
Dominique Descamps is currently offline Dominique DescampsFriend
Good afternoon,
I have Java sources on different locations, one on a shared directory and another on a local directory.
I now have the problem that my Eclipse is referring to both locations, once to the shared directory and once to the local one.
E.g.:
I open a Java source file, modify and save it, and it is saved in the shared directory.
I go to the "import" part of a source code, I ask for a code completion (typing a dot and waiting for a hint), but then it seems that Eclipse is looking into the local directory for the information.

This is making me doubt: is the compiler/linker working with the shared directory or with the local one?

Does anybody know where to set the code completion source path? (I have been looking everywhere in the project options but I seem to have missed it somewhere)

Thanks
Re: What are the linker/builder/code completion/... directories? [message #1498221 is a reply to message #1497162] Thu, 04 December 2014 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meanwhile the situation has grown worse:
In my shared folder there are 20 classes, in my local there are 19.
I have done a "clean" of my project, and I have removed the local directory, so I expect my Eclipse:
- either to show 20 classes at code completion
- either to show nothing at all.

To my surprise, Eclipse is again showing 19 classes at code completion.

This has made me think that maybe the missing class is excluded, but after having verified all file attributes of the missing class (I mean its corresponding java file) there seem to be no differences.

Has anybody any idea?
Thanks
Re: What are the linker/builder/code completion/... directories? [message #1498318 is a reply to message #1498221] Thu, 04 December 2014 10:19 Go to previous message
Unbelievable!
The problem has been solved, by creating an extra project, referring to the same sources: the new project was working fine, and by having a new look at the existing project, this one was working fine as well.
I believe that there is some kind of cache within Eclipse, which avoids Eclipse from re-reading information.
My version of Eclipse is the Luna Service Release 1 (4.4.1), with Build id "20140925-1800".

Can this information be passed up to Eclpse developers? I'll like to know whether my guess about a cache is correct and in case of yes, please inform me how this cache might be flushed.

Best regards
Previous Topic:Java Error.
Next Topic:Help me! This is so weird! (Java Thread error)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:12:25 GMT 2024