Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Eclipse preloading wrong JDBC driver without asking
Eclipse preloading wrong JDBC driver without asking [message #1496032] Tue, 02 December 2014 18:26 Go to next message
Mariano Cano is currently offline Mariano CanoFriend
Right now I have an oracle 12c. To connect with the database I need to use the ojdbc7.jar driver.

My own apps connect without problem with this, but I can't make the SQL Explorer plugin to work because I always get the "Not matching protocol" error. This is because is preloading the wrong JDBC driver.

I made file search in the Eclipse directory and I found this file:

.\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\927\0.cp\lib\ojdbc14.jar

This is the wrong driver, and SQL Explorer alway use this despite I configure the right one in the JDBC settings. I've tried deleting this but every time I launch eclipse this jar appears again.

Now, to "fix" this, I put the correct driver, and renamed it with "ojdbc14.jar". Right now is working but I just want to disable this because sometimes I need to connect to oracle 11g and I need to change all over again.

Which plugin is preloading this?

Thanks!
Re: Eclipse preloading wrong JDBC driver without asking [message #1497109 is a reply to message #1496032] Wed, 03 December 2014 14:48 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moved this to the Data Tools (DTP) forum.
Previous Topic:Servlet JNDI sqljdbc failed
Next Topic:UML ODA Driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 20:27:24 GMT 2024