Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Import FormFieldData of GroupBox
Import FormFieldData of GroupBox [message #1487021] Tue, 25 November 2014 13:41 Go to next message
Rainer N. is currently offline Rainer N.Friend
Hi,

is it possible to import the form field data of a group box?

Form A contains some fields and the GroupBox A1 extends X.
Form B contains some fields and the GroupBox A2 extends X.

The abstract GroupBox X is annotated with @FormData(value = XData.class, sdkCommand = SdkCommand.CREATE, defaultSubtypeSdkCommand = DefaultSubtypeSdkCommand.CREATE)

How can I import the form field data of A2 into A1?
The method importFormFieldData is empty for group boxes...

Thank you.

Regards,
Rainer
Re: Import FormFieldData of GroupBox [message #1487040 is a reply to message #1487021] Tue, 25 November 2014 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Hi Rainer,

not sure if this helps, but maybe it goes in the right direction: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1404103/#msg_1404103
Re: Import FormFieldData of GroupBox [message #1487054 is a reply to message #1487040] Tue, 25 November 2014 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, I'll try that out. Smile

Regards,
Rainer
Re: Import FormFieldData of GroupBox [message #1487069 is a reply to message #1487021] Tue, 25 November 2014 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Importing just a GroupBoxData into a GroupBox (field) is not possible out of the box. In my opinion this should be changed (my use case is: Table and GroupBox for details on row selection).
But for this kind changes, we need to be sure that enough user want the feature.

Feel free to tell, if you need the feature.

---

If have correctly understood your problem, you have:
* MyFirstForm.MainBox.A1GroupBox extends AbstractXGroupBox
* MySecondForm.MainBox.A2GroupBox extends AbstractXGroupBox

* On the AbstractXGroupBox, you have specified, that you want a specific GroupBoxData: The SDK generates an AbstractXGroupBoxData (or XData with your notation).

Server side, can't you work with this AbstractXGroupBox?
* MyFirstFormData#getA1GroupBox() returns a A1GroupBox that extends AbstractXGroupBoxData.
* MyFirstFormData#getA2GroupBox() returns a A2GroupBox that extends AbstractXGroupBoxData.

You can use AbstractXGroupBoxData as common denominator.
Re: Import FormFieldData of GroupBox [message #1487100 is a reply to message #1487069] Tue, 25 November 2014 15:10 Go to previous message
Hi Jeremie,

yes, you got me right.

I'm fine on the server side. The problem is only on the client side where I want to import the group box data of the MySecondFormData into the group box of MyFirstForm. (I want to replace part of the loaded data.)

The solution linked by Matthias is ok for me.
I think I will implement something similar using the visitFields() method.

I also tried to use
importFormData(AbstractFormData source, boolean valueChangeTriggersEnabled, IPropertyFilter filter, IFormFieldFilter formFieldFilter) throws ProcessingException
with the other form data and a form field filter which accepts only fields of the given group box but I did not have success with it.

Regards,
Rainer

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2014 15:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Who are you?
Next Topic:Searching topics on the Scout forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:11:25 GMT 2024