Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Trying to use eclipse to debug a .exe program
Trying to use eclipse to debug a .exe program [message #1485127] Mon, 24 November 2014 02:34 Go to next message
Anonymous Anonymous is currently offline Anonymous AnonymousFriend
I have a java program in .exe format that is throwing an exception when i try to do something specific in it.

Im trying to debug it with eclipse, but i keep getting confusing answers. So far the closest responses ive got was that i need to have the source code (which i also have) and then build a package with it.

Ive imported the source code into a project and also created a package with the new package wizard. What do i need to do next to run the program in debugging mode?

I tried right clicking the package and selecting "debug as java application" but it complains that i do not have a class with a main type in it, how do i give it what it wants?
Re: Trying to use eclipse to debug a .exe program [message #1485758 is a reply to message #1485127] Mon, 24 November 2014 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Anonymous is currently offline Anonymous AnonymousFriend
index.php/fa/19992/0/

Picture of what it looks like now (see attached)

Im not sure where to give it the class file it wants, the source code only has .java files, not .class files...
  • Attachment: eclipse2.jpg
    (Size: 236.51KB, Downloaded 244 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 24 November 2014 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Trying to use eclipse to debug a .exe program [message #1517259 is a reply to message #1485758] Fri, 19 December 2014 11:21 Go to previous message
deepali kulkarni is currently offline deepali kulkarniFriend
Hi ,
Before checking why your application is not running , you can check the compilation errors your project is showing.
For that you can check the "problems" tab , and try to fix those . So , for error-free code it will be easy to find exact cause .
Previous Topic:eclipse jobs
Next Topic:Customizing makefile via environment variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:09:29 GMT 2024