Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius editor with Kieler/KLay layouter resizes nodes
Sirius editor with Kieler/KLay layouter resizes nodes [message #1480589] Thu, 20 November 2014 09:57 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

I have been trying to use the Kieler layout algorithms on diagrams that are created by a Sirius based editor.

Each time I relayout the diagram, using the Kieler based layout algorithm, diagram nodes are resized; they are enlarged.

I suspect that this is a problem of the Kieler layout algorithms but I want to know whether anyone has also tried this and if someone has found a solution for this issue already.

Greetings,
Wilbert
Re: Sirius editor with Kieler/KLay layouter resizes nodes [message #1480632 is a reply to message #1480589] Thu, 20 November 2014 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Le 20/11/2014 10:57, Wilbert Alberts a écrit :
> Hi,
>

Hi,

> I have been trying to use the
> http://rtsys.informatik.uni-kiel.de/confluence/display/KIELER/KIELER+Layoutlayout
> algorithms on diagrams that are created by a Sirius based editor.
>
> Each time I relayout the diagram, using the Kieler based layout
> algorithm, diagram nodes are resized; they are enlarged.
>
> I suspect that this is a problem of the Kieler layout algorithms but I
> want to know whether anyone has also tried this and if someone has found
> a solution for this issue already.
>

We have tried this layout a while ago. But it does not cover all the
Sirius cases (border nodes for example). We have no clue about your problem.

You could try to make the same on a pure GMF diagram and report a bug on
Kieler if you always have the problem.

> Greetings,
> Wilbert

Regards,

Laurent

--
Laurent - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Sirius editor with Kieler/KLay layouter resizes nodes [message #1482275 is a reply to message #1480632] Fri, 21 November 2014 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
OK

I think I found something.

For some reasons, the Kieler (layered) layout algorithm considers each node to be a subgraph on its own. If the diagram is layouted, it first starts layouting its subgraphs and then the graph itself. The layout algorithm can be configured using properties. In fact, each item on the graph can have some properties. One of them is the Border Spacing which has a default value is 12.

So whenever a diagram is layouted, first all nodes are 'layouted'. As they are considered to be sugraphs, the Border Spacing property is applied which increases the size of the subgraphs with 24 pixels (12 on each side). Then the nodes on the diagram themselves are relayouted, taking the new size into account.

I am not sure whether the Sirius editor does something that leads Kieler to the conclusion that each node is a subgraph on its own or that Kieler interprets the Sirius generated diagram wrongly. So I'm not sure 'who to blame'.

So I think that I have a (manual) workaround. After displaying the graph for the first time, I need to select all nodes and set their border spacing property to zero. Selecting all nodes can be done with one action so that makes this workable.

I'm open for any additional suggestions.

Greetings,
Wilbert.

Re: Sirius editor with Kieler/KLay layouter resizes nodes [message #1602104 is a reply to message #1482275] Thu, 05 February 2015 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhishek Chakraborty is currently offline Abhishek ChakrabortyFriend

I have found one solution to resize issue, if we enable canLayout() feature to false, we can stop re-sizing during Layout.

Regards,
Abhishek Chakraborty
Re: Sirius editor with Kieler/KLay layouter resizes nodes [message #1701233 is a reply to message #1602104] Fri, 10 July 2015 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Wilcox is currently offline Benoit WilcoxFriend
Hi,

For a few months now you've posted this topic. I want to use Kieler layouts on Sirius Diagram but i can not find documentation. Can you help me and tell me what I should do?
I have open a specific topic for that : https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1701150/?srch=kieler#msg_1701150

thank you
Re: Sirius editor with Kieler/KLay layouter resizes nodes [message #1727869 is a reply to message #1602104] Mon, 28 March 2016 17:38 Go to previous message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hi Abhishek,

Where do we need to set canLayout() feature to false ? Could you please elaborate a little bit on this feature ? is it Sirius feature or Kieler feature ?

Thanks,
Parsa
Previous Topic:Sirius-Xtext-Integration doesn't work for Transitions and Edge
Next Topic:Deploy the "Ecore Model Project" and "Viewpoint Specification Project"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:06:45 GMT 2024