Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » I can not deploy models that include a Rule Task(From Business Process Modeling Perspective I am not able to deploy the model to portal; I get an warning and if I choose to ignore the warning I get an error.)
I can not deploy models that include a Rule Task [message #1480321] Thu, 20 November 2014 05:08 Go to next message
Dan Cimpoesu is currently offline Dan CimpoesuFriend
Hi

In Business Process Modelling I included a Rule task in a model.

When I try to deploy the model I get the warning:

Cannot retrieve class 'org.eclipse.stardust.engine.extensions.drools.runtime.DroolsValidator' for validation.

If I select Ignore Warnings check box when I deploy the model I get the error:

Cannot retrieve class from class name 'org.eclipse.stardust.engine.extensions.drools.runtime.DroolsAccessPointProvider'.: org.eclipse.stardust.engine.extensions.drools.runtime.DroolsAccessPointProvider

Could anyone help to get over this problem?

Thanks
Dan
Re: I can not deploy models that include a Rule Task [message #1481553 is a reply to message #1480321] Fri, 21 November 2014 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Anyone can help? Is it possible to use Rule tasks?

In fact when I selected to ignore the warning the model was deployed BUT no user was able to login any more because error related to missing classes.

I had to create a new audit trail database to recover from this error.

Best Regards
Dan
Re: I can not deploy models that include a Rule Task [message #1481584 is a reply to message #1481553] Fri, 21 November 2014 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Dan,

I started a discussion regarding this yesterday. So far the results are:

1. Drools was only available under the LGPL license which is not compatible with the Eclipse Public License (EPL). We had to remove the rools runtime artifacts from Stardust because they can only be compiled with drools dependencies. (The modeler's Rules Overlay and Rules Perspective in the portal do not depend on Drools therefore we kept them in, hoping to document a solution for the runtime)
  2. To make use of the feature now you require the ipp-engine-rules artifact/project which is currently not open-sourced. I am discussing if we could do so on short notice, possibly under a different license on GitHub. I am also checking other alternatives to make this usable for you before we have a long term solution in place. For instance we need to clarify if the current code can compile against the Drools version which is available under Apache 2.0 or if we would have to migrate to that version first.
  3. Now Drools is available under the Apache 2.0 license. This opens the door for open-sourcing the full feature under EPL with Stardust. We are looking into this. If we can do so then CQs have to be filed and approved by Eclipse legal first. I am afraid this sometimes takes time.
  4. The earlier Rules Set Invocation Application was deprecated earlier and we removed support in IPP 8.1. The change will make it into Stardust with the February Luna SR2 release.

I will get back to you with the result of the discussion.

Best regards

Rob
Re: I can not deploy models that include a Rule Task [message #1481614 is a reply to message #1481584] Fri, 21 November 2014 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rob

Thanks for reply.

On short term would be nice to have a jar (or more) that users can drop in the WEB-INF/lib folder for the runtime to work.

There should not be any compilation dependency on this jar so it is totally under user's responsibility and choice.

I have the feeling that this approach would not break EPL but I am no expert.

Best Regards
Dan
Re: I can not deploy models that include a Rule Task [message #1481771 is a reply to message #1481614] Fri, 21 November 2014 08:01 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Dan,

the fastest temporary solution for you would be to register here for a trial account:
http://www.infinity.com/storefront/faces/procurement/solution-details.xhtml?solutionGuid=9996445b-abcc-4ec5-835e-f9200cd7e1e2

After registration of a new account it takes a while until it has been processed. Compliance with US export regulations needs to be ensured. Once you have an account you can procure a free 90 day trial license. As part of the procurement you will be granted access to the maven repository https://infinity.sungard.com/repository
where you can download the jar:
https://infinity.sungard.com/repository/ipp-releases/com/infinity/bpm/ipp-engine-rules/8.1.0/ipp-engine-rules-8.1.0.jar

To my knowledge offering a jar with dependencies on LGPL libraries for download (instead of source) on Eclipse infrastructure would also violate the EPL.

Best regards

Rob

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2014 08:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Stardust with rule engine (Drools)
Next Topic:Which companies are using Stardust in Production?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:09:58 GMT 2024