Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Basic use of SysML elements(Basic use of SysML elements)
Basic use of SysML elements [message #1479562] Wed, 19 November 2014 14:39 Go to next message
Philip LOUCOPOULOS is currently offline Philip LOUCOPOULOSFriend
Hi there,

I wish to provide different type of information to a block.

For example: I want to affect the weight property and to define it to 15kg.

For that:
- I create a property element in my block (drag-drop from palette)
- I rename it weight (tab UML in tab Properties with the property element selected)
- I characterise the type e.g. Real (using SysML Primitive Types)

Question: How to affect the value "15" + the unit "kg" and have it all displayed ?

Other question: I wish to affect a text to this block bringing the necessary explanations: What is the best way for that ?

Thank you for your help.

Philip
Re: Basic use of SysML elements [message #1479567 is a reply to message #1479562] Wed, 19 November 2014 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphael Faudou is currently offline Raphael FaudouFriend
Hi Philip,

using properties will only affect one block. If you want to get same properties for a set of blocks, either use inheritance between blocks (parent block will provide common properties) or use a stereotype and apply it on all blocks that need those properties.

In appearance tab you can select which stereotype properties/attributes you want so show and where (compartment, comment linked, braces).
That is probably the best solution for your case if I understood it the right way.

Regards
raphaël
Re: Basic use of SysML elements [message #1479618 is a reply to message #1479567] Wed, 19 November 2014 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip LOUCOPOULOS is currently offline Philip LOUCOPOULOSFriend
Hello Raphael,

I still need to clarify how this is to be used...

I create my property in a block and name it "weight" with a type real:

Which "type value" should I use ?
When I click on the "+", I have a list of 15 possible choices (cf print screen attached) ?

And how to obtain the following property displayed: "weight = 15 kg" (I understand that I can use the

Is there any explanation somewhere available in which case to use which "type value" ?

Thank you !

Philip
  • Attachment: Doc49.docx
    (Size: 345.09KB, Downloaded 141 times)
Re: Basic use of SysML elements [message #1480355 is a reply to message #1479618] Thu, 20 November 2014 05:49 Go to previous message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
While there are a lot of free resources for learning SysML on the internet, I would recommend you to buy the book "A practical guide to SysML" by Sanford Friedental et al. What you are looking for is how to use «valueType» and «unit» properties. Also, be aware of that Papyrus is not up to par with the latest revision(s) of the SysML specification, but remains compliant with SysML 1.2.

Best regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Previous Topic:Generic type for applied stereotypes
Next Topic:C++ code generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:39:24 GMT 2024