Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Wait time actions in Papyrus(How to display "after(1 second)" in activity diagram?)
Wait time actions in Papyrus [message #1478343] Tue, 18 November 2014 16:00 Go to next message
Marc Alomar Payeras is currently offline Marc Alomar PayerasFriend
I want to model a periodic activity with a relative wait time action. I would like to have on an activity diagram an hourglass with the string "after(period)", where "period" is the value property of a block. That is, I just want to write the value name. However, I'm having some problems to model it with Papyrus.

I've managed to create a trigger with a time event expression. The hourglass is displayed on the activity diagram, but the time expression "after( .... )" is not shown. Do you know if it is possible to display it?

Thank you!

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2014 21:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wait time actions in Papyrus [message #1490542 is a reply to message #1478343] Fri, 28 November 2014 08:22 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi,

I just checked the Activity diagram and the AcceptEventAction representation when the trigger is a TimeEvent. It is not possible to display the value of the "when" property in the diagram, so you can not display the string after(period).
Could you enter a bug in the bugzilla as a request for enhancement describing your needs. The UML specification document is quite vague for that topic, the example diagram I have found there is simply showing "end of the month" near the hourglass.

Until we are able to display the trigger on the diagram, you can set the name of the AcceptEventAction to be "after(period)". This is a quite ugly workaround, but that should display what you need.

HTH
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Java Code Generation Plug-in
Next Topic:Complex C++ Types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:58:32 GMT 2024